Synchro-Signs

sunflowr

Astara said:
I just ordered Synchro-Signs after seeing this thread..:)
I didn't see any mention of the cards listed with the book, I hope it was just an oversight in the description.

(

Enjoy them when they come in the mail! :) Let us know how you like them and what work you're doing with them.

How much did you pay for them? If they were 20 something dollars new, then you got the whole set. Besides, I don't think the book comes separate anyway.

Astara

The cards and book are a set, they arrived yesterday already!!!
I have not had time to do more than look at the cards, I do like them already though, can't wait to work with them..:)

sunflowr

Astara said:
The cards and book are a set, they arrived yesterday already!!!
I have not had time to do more than look at the cards, I do like them already though, can't wait to work with them..:)

Yay! :)

I might try and make a study group here, for them. So that we can all gather and work with them together.

Astara

Study Group

A study group sounds like a good idea to me Sunflowr...:)

(I won't have much time to be a part of it until mid-january though, what with Christmas almost here and I haven't begun shopping. Plus I will be moving the second week of January.)

Lee

My Synchro-Signs finally arrived, hooray! :)

I read the introductory material in the book, then I read through all the "cards," although for most I just read the keywords, and only read the in-depth material on a few of them.

I was pleased with the tiles. They're not actually cardboard, they're some kind of art board which is much stiffer than cardboard. You couldn't put a crease in it, unless you really were trying to. They feel a little like plastic or ceramic. They make a "click" sound when they fall against each other, so in that way they feel a little like runes.

I like the way a lot of them overlap in meaning, so that you can have subtle differences among similar concepts. I also like that there are 101 of them, so that a lot of concepts are represented which don't exist in tarot or runes. With the diverse symbols and the possibility of combinations, you can actually get very subtle and sophisticated shades of meaning which aren't possible (or at least it would be very difficult) in tarot.

I found that this isn't the kind of thing where you can forget the book altogether and just intuitively read them. I mean, I think you could do that afterwards, but I think at first you really need to read at least the keywords so you see where she's coming from. Certain of the tiles, I couldn't even tell what was being represented until I read about it in the book (such as Lightning).

I actually like the spread she has in the book, which is a five-position spread with four tiles for each position. I tried it, and the reading was wonderful -- very accurate, and a completely different feeling than a tarot reading.

Although she correlates each tile with a Major tarot card, I found that her assignments made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever and I'm going to ignore them.

I will definitely be using these in the future and I'd love to join a study group, if one forms.

-- Lee

sunflowr

Lee said:

Although she correlates each tile with a Major tarot card, I found that her assignments made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever and I'm going to ignore them.

I will definitely be using these in the future and I'd love to join a study group, if one forms.

-- Lee

Most of the tarot correlations didnt make a whole lot of sense to me neither but a few did. I'm going to see how to form a group here or if I can. Otherwise we can just continue using this thread, I guess.

Happy you like them! :)

lunakasha

Hey Melvis!

Thanks so much for sharing your sample reading with us, and for including a photo of the cards....you've converted me!

You see, I have always been partial to the prettiest, most-detailed and visually appealing cards I can find....to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, my ideal, perfect, "Most-Wanted" deck right now is Marchetti's Gilded Tarot.....just thinking about it makes my mouth water and my heart bleed, OK???

For me, using cards with very minimal, black-and-white, iconic drawings would be an unappealing idea....but now that I have seen how easily these can be interpreted, especially using the spread you created, I am anxious to give them a try!

Thanks again, for opening my eyes......(and yet another item added to my Wish List :O) Lunakasha

sunflowr

Bump :)

lunakasha said:
I am anxious to give them a try!

Thanks again, for opening my eyes......(and yet another item added to my Wish List :O) Lunakasha

So, have you gotten them yet? :) I'm bumping this thread up again so that hopefully we can get some conversation started about them again. Anyone else recently purchased them and, if so, what are your thoughts?

lunakasha

Hi sunflowr!

No, I am afraid I haven't gotten them yet...although I did see them recently at Barnes & Noble...I just didn't have the extra $$$ at the time :(

How do you like them? I would like to hear more, like have you had any luck using them for divination? Do they give accurate readings?

I am glad you bumped up the thread, as I would like to hear from those who have purchased these recently.

:) Luna

Astara

I am going to draw a card every morning and see how it correlates to my day. That is once I find which box they are packed in lol! Just getting settled in a new house.
Maybe I could post each day which card I drew and my perceptions of it. Anyone else care to join in daily drawing?

Astara