Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

thorhammer

Hi, everyone :) With the new year looming and the old thread getting longer, Rodney and I thought it a good time to start a new thread for the IDS Support Lounge (thanks, Alta, for your help :)). Most of what follows is copied shamelessly :D from Rodney's intro post from the previous thread.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Anyone is welcome to join in at any time, with any deck, for any duration they care to commit to. To join, all you have to do is post in this thread to say you're joining and let us know what deck(s) you'll be using.

This thread is where you can post about your difficulties, your triumphs, breakthroughs, and maybe even chat with others using the same deck in their own IDS. This thread is not about judging people's difficulties or failures, but about supporting people when/if they run into problems with their IDS.

Many of the first group of IDSers found it useful to change their signatures to reflect their participation in the IDS. Doing so identifies you as an IDSer across the forums and also reinforces your commitment to your IDS. As with everything else in the IDS, this step is voluntary.

Most IDSers have found it helpful to post a list of pledges about what they will/won't do during their IDS. Here is one post about what did and didn't work for me in making (and keeping) my pledges for the first IDS.

afrosaxon's synopsis of the IDS can be found here.

Current list of IDSers and Decks:
2_Journey - Fairytale Tarot (for writing) & Tarot of the Four Elements (for reading)
Alamaris - Thoth Tarot
Angie9 - Victorian Romantic Tarot
Asbestos Mango - Bosch Tarot
ariela - Transparent Tarot
Bat Chicken - Greenwood Tarot & William Blake: Tarot of the Creative Imagination
Brigid - Tarot of the Masters (Ricklef)
Carissimo - Liber T: Tarot of Stars Eternal
Carla - Universal Waite Tarot
Cat* - Greenwood Tarot
cherylleebest - Rider Waite Tarot
Chiska - Tarot of the Secret Forest
DaisyDragonfly - MAAT Tarot
DevilishAngel - Fenestra Tarot
Emily - Liber T: Tarot of the Stars Eternal
Faolainn Storm - Greenwood Tarot and Tarot of the Sidhe
Golden Moon - Pictorial Key Tarot
Hemera - Sweet Twilight Tarot
ILuvEire - Golden Tarot (Kat Black) and the Mystical Lenormand
Jyscal - Rider Waite Tarot and Angel Oracle
kinanoe - Enchanted Tarot
Kissay - Rider Waite Smith Tarot
kmartin60 - Vargo Gothic Tarot
Lewen - Greenwood Tarot
Llynn - Shining Woman Tarot
LotusSong - Diary of a Broken Soul Tarot
Mariana - Victorian Romantic Tarot
Mi-Shell - GreenWood Tarot
ncefafn - Bohemian Gothic Tarot & Victorian RomanticTarot
Nicky - Noblet Tarot
NoelleNoey - Mystic Faerie Tarot
olivia1 - Universal Tarot (LoS) & Robin Wood Tarot
NamasteIndia - Rider Waite Tarot
Promise - Songs For The Journey Home Tarot
redflash - Greenwood Tarot
rwcarter – Mythic Tarot
Simsy - Sacred Circle Tarot
SistaSpirit - Rider Waite Tarot
starlightexp - Jean Noblet Tarot
Skydancer - Sweet Twilight Tarot
SolSionnach – GreenwoodTarot
Tharivol - Clow cards
The Guided Hermit - Via Tarot
vanity - Paulina Tarot
victoria.star - Ironwing Tarot
Welf - Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Wendywu - Ironwing Tarot
yaraluna - Jodo-Camoin Tarot de Marseilles
yirabeth - Gilded Tarot
yukinkoicy - Shapeshifter Tarot
Yvresse - Sweet Twilight
zan_chan - Haindl Tarot

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

Hi Gang,

Here's the list of Current IDSers. I'll be watching over the thread and updating the list while our dear thorhammer takes a bit of an hiatus.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns about what IDS is all about, for some general motivation, or just to say hi :)

Current list of IDSers and Decks:
2_Journey - Fairytale Tarot (for writing) & Tarot of the Four Elements (for reading)
Alamaris - Thoth Tarot
Angie9 - Victorian Romantic Tarot
Asbestos Mango - Bosch Tarot
ariela - Transparent Tarot
Bat Chicken - Greenwood Tarot & William Blake: Tarot of the Creative Imagination
Brigid - Tarot of the Masters (Ricklef)
Carissimo - Liber T: Tarot of Stars Eternal
Carla - Universal Waite Tarot
Cat* - Greenwood Tarot
cherylleebest - Rider Waite Tarot
Chiska - Tarot of the Secret Forest
DaisyDragonfly - MAAT Tarot
DevilishAngel - Fenestra Tarot
Emily - Liber T: Tarot of the Stars Eternal
Faolainn Storm - Greenwood Tarot and Tarot of the Sidhe
Golden Moon - Pictorial Key Tarot
Hemera - Sweet Twilight Tarot
ILuvEire - Golden Tarot (Kat Black) and the Mystical Lenormand
Jyscal - Rider Waite Tarot and Angel Oracle
kinanoe - Enchanted Tarot
Kissay - Rider Waite Smith Tarot
kmartin60 - Vargo Gothic Tarot
Lewen - Greenwood Tarot
Llynn - Shining Woman Tarot
LotusSong - Diary of a Broken Soul Tarot
Mariana - Victorian Romantic Tarot
Mi-Shell - GreenWood Tarot
ncefafn - Bohemian Gothic Tarot & Fey Tarot
Nicky - Noblet Tarot
NoelleNoey - Mystic Faerie Tarot
olivia1 - Universal Tarot (LoS) & Robin Wood Tarot
NamasteIndia - Rider Waite Tarot
Promise - Songs For The Journey Home Tarot
redflash - Greenwood Tarot
rwcarter – Mythic Tarot
Simsy - Sacred Circle Tarot
SistaSpirit - Rider Waite Tarot
starlightexp - Jean Noblet Tarot
Skydancer - Sweet Twilight Tarot
SolSionnach – GreenwoodTarot
Tharivol - Clow cards
The Guided Hermit - Via Tarot
thorhammer - William Blake Tarot of the Creative Imagination
vanity - Paulina Tarot
victoria.star - Ironwing Tarot
Welf - Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Wendywu - Ironwing Tarot
yaraluna - Jodo-Camoin Tarot de Marseilles
yirabeth - Gilded Tarot
yukinkoicy - Shapeshifter Tarot
Yvresse - Sweet Twilight
zan_chan - Haindl Tarot

emmsma

Thanks for the new thread, and for stepping up to the plate, thorhammer.

rwcarter

Thanks for taking over Kat and for starting the new thread!

The outgoing stale old leader ;),
Rodney

nicky

rwcarter said:
Thanks for taking over Kat and for starting the new thread!

The outgoing stale old leader ;),
Rodney

more like fine wine Rodney

thorhammer

nicky said:
more like fine wine Rodney
Totally :) And I don't feel all that fresh, more like arthritic and stage-shy :D

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

Oh wow, I just noticed that this has become a lounge. I like that. I feel like we need martinis and a piano player. Hermann likes showtune reviews, but personally, I'd prefer jazz standards.

emmsma

Funny zan! I'll be in the coffee corner with my Magicians spread around me for comparison, jotting down my observations in between sips.

thorhammer

zan_chan said:
Oh wow, I just noticed that this has become a lounge. I like that. I feel like we need martinis and a piano player. Hermann likes showtune reviews, but personally, I'd prefer jazz standards.
Duuuude . . . that's just so . . . :D cute. :p

Yes, I rather like the idea of a lounge. It's very cosmopolitan, I think :D

But we should really all get on topic. To which end - I did a reading (paid, email) with my deck today and was surprised to find that it's becoming more ingrained in me, seemingly without my noticing. Time is short these days and my (expensive, OOP) deck doesn't leave the house with me as much as my Wheel of Change or Thoth did, so the majority of my time with the images is on my computer screen saver, and I guess it's working to get them under my skin. I really must ditch the bad erotica I'm reading and return to the art book I'd started about Blake, then move onto some of the deeper poetry ones in the library.

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

Yes, good call, back on point.

Just got in a christmas/hanukkah gift from mom (its hanukkah now so i wasnt cheating by opening early!) which she took right from my amazon wishlist. A couple of books I'm very excited to get to: "Chief Seattle: Man of Vision" and "Awakening Osiris: The Egyptian Book of the Dead".

As, I'm assuming, most who work with the Haindl would agree, the courts pose quite a number of questions in interpretive terms. Should you read them intuitively? Should you read them in terms of traditional courts? Should you read them entirely based on the different mythological figures Haindl chose?

The answer, I suppose, is "yes" to all three of those ideas. It's just figuring out exactly how to best combine those different styles that I'm working on figuring out. For now I'm just trying to learn as much about each figure as I can; who they are, what their story is, things like that.

Really enjoying having so much research to do. Makes me feel like I'm back in college again, rather than having to be the teacher, as usual.

Hmm, paid readings, huh Kat? That would be wonderful to be able to do someday. Having deck buying pay for itself would be awfully nice...