Duck Soup Decks

Nemia

I'll add pictures later ;-) and the new deck interview spread I plan to do later in the day.

Your Circus Mägi is very well known and celebrated, I think. But the Lombardi Danneggiato is new and so doesn't have a cult following - yet.

Tanya Bond

gorgeous decks, love your style!

EmpressArwen

I just found this deck the other day online...I'm saving my pennies because its the most fantastic thing I've seen in a long time. I LOVE it.

Freder

Big Changes for The Brownies

As I was working on this project, I felt more and more that the standard poker-size deck was just too small to accommodate Palmer Cox's insanely detailed artwork. So, I'm changing the whole concept.

The main deck will now be made up of "jumbo" sized cards -- 3.5" x 5.5" -- that will allow me to present the art at least 30% larger than on regular cards. It makes a noticeable difference.

The "proverbs" cards will remain poker-sized cards: meaning that this will actually be a two-deck set, both decks fitting into a single jumbo box with a booklet.

And now that I've worked on it a little, my new goal is to have 60 jumbo-sized cards in the main oracle. and 20 poker-sized cards in the proverbs deck. I think this is attainable -- whether or not it will be affordable is anyone's guess.... hopefully it will stay in line with the range of my full-size tarot decks, but I won't know until I actually finish the art and do the prototype. I'm a little nervous about this, because I know my decks are pricier than the mass-produced ones.

All the details are at the Brownies Oracle mini-site: http://brownies.tarotbyducksoup.com

www.tarotbyducksoup.com
www.ducksoup.me

Sar

I am curious about the OZ deck. I think I "need" it very soon. :D

Le Fanu

I have just ordered two copies of the Mister Punch Tarot + pouch.

This deck has haunted me for a while. I can't stop thinking about it and I keep coming back to look at it. I think it is one of the most extraordinary tarot decks ever - and I have thrown caution to the wind - that fear of Customs charges which might double the price. I wanted one of the mats too but had to control myself.

I opted for a custom-made back - type B on the site- but there wasn't any moment during the ordering process when I could say "I want my decks to have the B backs!" Do you get in touch with purchasers afterwards to find out which custom back they want?

It is such a wonderful deck - I am very controlled over what I buy now regarding self-published decks - but this one is just too magical to let slip by. And I love the Golliwog & Zirkus Magi. I love everything you do... This one - with its hook-nosed, eerie Victorian stage set dolly creepiness - has me spellbound.

Please do whatever you can to ensure it comes quickly and hassle-free :)

Le Fanu

Please do whatever you can to ensure it comes quickly and hassle-free :)
And it did! It was waiting for me when I arrived home today. My goodness, it is the strangest, most exquisite deck. Victorian grotesquerie in all its glory. I need a few days to absorb it and post again.

Thank you for these extraordinary, inventive decks you do! There is nothing else like them in the tarot field. I really share your aesthetic and sensibility. This is soooo up my street...

AJ

hanging tight for the Brownies!

prudence

Le Fanu, I'm very jealous of you at the moment. The scans do look so perfect and I love your description of Victorian grotesquerie.