Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

missycab

For sunburns... tomato!!

Just cut slices of it and put them over the sunburn area!

afrosaxon

celticnoodle said:
another great thing with the coke, I also have very low blood sugar, and I need to pop open a can of coke every now again when I'm feeling sluggish. it truly helps me get through the day. I'm sure some of it is the caffeine in the coke, but the sugar content in the soda is helpful too. Just wish it didn't pack on the pounds in the process. :D

Again, I'm not sure how "natural" this is, but Colas are primarily made of water and phosphoric acid...it's good for cleaning greasy spots off clothes, removing rings from the toilet, removing rust from nails, and unclogging drains (among other things).

No joke.

I love to drink it, though :cool:

T.

huredriel

Feretian said:
Aloe vera. Can't be said too many times. Burns, abrasions, sunburn relief. And ONLY straight from the plant...lotions have so little you might as well use water.
You can also use it on your face overnight instead of moisturiser. Helps to clear problem skin :)

WishingWell

Magnesium for tight muscles. On the labor ward, at the hospital where my mother works, they administer "mag" to expectant mothers to help relax their muscles and ease delivery.

When my back is acting up, I pop a couple of magnesium sups and take a hot shower. It works wonders.

Lemon juice for demineralizing my hair. We have well water- ick!- which turns my blonde highlights brassy orange. I've spent up to $60 a month in treatments to clean up the iron and calcium deposits. I now save myself $55 a month by pouring the contents of a plastic lemon juice bottle onto my hair and letting it sit for a few hours.

This isn't exactly a home remedy, but I can't live without Head & Shoulders as a face wash. It reduces inflammation and keeps the dermatitis which sometimes appears on my forehead and cheeks GONE!

celticnoodle

afrosaxon said:
Again, I'm not sure how "natural" this is, but Colas are primarily made of water and phosphoric acid...it's good for cleaning greasy spots off clothes, removing rings from the toilet, removing rust from nails, and unclogging drains (among other things).

No joke.

I love to drink it, though :cool:

T.
oh yes, I know coke has many various uses. my daughter used it to remove an oil stain that was on her driveway--just poured it on top of the stain and allowed it to sit awhile-and then washed it away with water later. pretty scarey, eh? :D

wishingwell said:
Magnesium for tight muscles. On the labor ward, at the hospital where my mother works, they administer "mag" to expectant mothers to help relax their muscles and ease delivery.

When my back is acting up, I pop a couple of magnesium sups and take a hot shower. It works wonders.
oh, so glad to see this! my friend is currently suffering from terrible muscle pains - head to toe. several drugs prescribed to her for it, which sometimes help, sometimes not--and always makes her feel nauseated. I'm going to mention this to her--maybe she can try it!

geministar

I have to agree with the garlic for a cold. The minute I feel something coming on I get into the garlic tablets :)

Flaxseed oil for psoriasis and/or dermatitis - just put a bit on your finger and dab onto the spot - takes the dryness and itchiness right out. But also have a tblespn a day - totally clears it right up :D

Red Emma

Top five home remedies

1) For tension headaches, burn a lavender candle.
I used to have such severe headaches I'd upchuck. The M.D.'s gave me some strong, dangerous pain pills. A friend told me about lavender candles which cured it immediately. (The medics were valiently trying to help, and have no idea how effective herbs can be.)

Lavender, in candles or on your kleenex held against your nose, very relaxing, and lovely to smell.

(I'll have to finish this later, DH just suggested we take a walk.)

LeaRoseQuartz

Thanks, Indil for a great site (earthclinic.com)! My husband and I have been using the apple cider vinegar cure-all. He has liver and gallbladder problems and it stopped his last attack right away! Also, he has lost 10 pounds. I have kidney problems and I'm feeling a little better since I started just a few days ago. Your advice is a life saver! Apple cider vinegar is good for your whole body!

Red Emma

Top home remedies

Several things to help with colds, stuffed, painful sinuses, and that.

1) As others have mentioned, ginger tea helps to shorten the life of a cold. My granddaughter swears by it, and I drink it, although I don't much like it.

2) If I take goldenseal soon enough, it stops a cold dead in its tracks.

3) Echanacea has gotten a bad rap in the popular press. Recent research indicates that it does shorten the length of a cold.

4) For stuffed, painful sinuses, we put a pan of water on the stove and add a few drops of mint or eucalyptus. Then we stand over it and breathe the steam for 3 1/2 minutes about three times a day. It clears it right up. If, however, the infection's been around for a while, it may take two or three days to begin to give relief. Then it clears right up.

Best wishes,

Red Emma

TomTom

In regard to magnesium, ionized liquid magnesium straight out of the bottle is absorbed right away by the body.
Magnesium is good for all muscles, including the heart.
Zinc is helpful as well.
I like Penaten for everything that is skin irritation.

:heart: TomTom