cjtarot

WOWWWY

Spunch,

I love the cards, Keep us updated..

Blessings..

Cj

Astraea

Excellent!

Spunch, your cards are so beautiful, and convey such integrity. I love these people-less Majors, they embody (for me, anyway) the core essences of the cards. They are POWERFUL.

I've also been meaning to tell you how much I like the borders and fonts you've used -- they harmonize perfectly with the cards and are works of art in their own right, without robbing the images of strength; instead, they complement the graphics.

Indigo_lady

I love the craft in you cards

They're so inspirational, they should be so useful for meditation

I'm new to this, so my questions might seem a little silly, but what took you to use a book for the high priestess?

I love the devil card coz, at least to me, it seems so dynamic and in permanent movement, it's quite an interesting perception of the devil card. And I love the ilussions that the long lines create. Is there smth behind the green spiral on it?

HudsonGray

You don't have to post every card, that way only the ones that are shown (with watermark) are seen by people. Nobody can try to take something you haven't posted up.

The watermark should be sufficient. No need to stress.

(I think I like the softer, misty lines like you have on the Moon card. The devil and surrounding cards have such heavy lines on them. But that's just me, do them how you like).

spunch

Indigo_lady said:
I love the craft in you cards

They're so inspirational, they should be so useful for meditation

I'm new to this, so my questions might seem a little silly, but what took you to use a book for the high priestess?

I love the devil card coz, at least to me, it seems so dynamic and in permanent movement, it's quite an interesting perception of the devil card. And I love the ilussions that the long lines create. Is there smth behind the green spiral on it?

Hi there!
It's interesting that you perceive The Devil card as a dynamic one. For me, actually, is quite static. Lines actually don't move anywhere, there's no depth (like in The Moon - lines go somewhere out of sight and you might guess that there is something out there). I tried to create an impression of prison, a spider web that one can be easily trapped into (following the Devil's green fumes maze - the green spiral thing - you get straight into the trap - of course, nobody forces you do take this path, and there's the easy way out of it - you just need to WANT to get out of there!)

The book as The High Priestess - Instead of having Torah or a crystal ball, this one has the book, the journal of life. She has seen quite a lot, she has the ability to guess things but not because she is a psychic - her wisdom comes from within because she studied life and has keeping notes of it. Things repeat themselves, they come in cycles and by careful observation one can "predict" what's going to happen in the future.
This may sound odd a bit, but if The Magician is The Tarot, The High Priestess for me is The Major Arcana.
She also has some rituals for healing in the book, some remedies, the knowledge of plants, herbs, astrology... she collected it all. Maybe she was The Hermit in her previous life, isolated for so long but now she has returned and gives the knowledge to people. She is still studying and writing, though. It never stops, of course! She herself IS The Book!

Melissa`

I have to agree with all the wow's, spunch.

I admire your ability to take on such a task. The artwork is lovely and I can't wait to see more. Hopefully everyones encouraging words will help you to keep working on your project.

Blessings,
Amaya

Kiama

Umm... All I get when I click on the link is a blank page... :(

Help?

Kiama

Rhiannon

Great HP card! The fool is really beautiful too.

Keep it up!
R :)

Demonesse

um...okay, here comes Grumpy..

I think I would've liked to see something other than the lines and pentagram in the Devil, perhaps a new way of looking at the card. As for the High Priestess, I like your idea of the HP being the book itself as well as the background, but perhaps a more interesting way of presenting the book? I admit I blanked out a bit when just faced with the book like that.

I really liked your original take on the Moon, but I think the two new cards don't really reflect that much depth compared to the Moon, and perhaps the 'energy' lines are starting to be a wee bit overused to the point that they are becoming the main focus of the cards. Upon a second look, perhaps the birds and wheel in the Wheel of Fortune could be made more realistic like the rest of the deck.

Athara

:eek:

They're truly amazing! I LOVE the Death card. It really touches your feelings, so to speak. I'm sure this isn't going to be a deck for beginners, but I must say: good work! This is definately a deck I would buy if I saw it lying in a store. It's amazing!