how many spread cloths have you got?

2_Journey

Wow! I don't have any! I just throw my cards down wherever I am at the time of reading. I really am a "no frills" person, though. I'm very low maintenance and so are my decks. :)

Morwenna

Well, at home I don't use anything but the bedspread; but when I've been out and set up on a card table, I've used a lavender madras-striped bedspread (which often doubles as a tablecloth), a pale green silk scarf (which I don't use for spreads anymore because it's too soft and floaty), and a dark brown woolen Russian shawl with a floral border and fringe (which I don't dare use outdoors in late summer or autumn anymore because the flowers attract bees). I carry the shawl regularly, though, to use indoors when I'm faced with a rough surface.

Recently I bought some fabric to make spread cloths from, but I haven't done anything about them yet. I could, I suppose, use them "raw"; who'd notice? But I'm anal that way... The fabric I got was a blue with self-swirls and little star-glows, and a mottled green. Now I wonder if some of my other scarves, small as they are, could be used for spreads as well? I'll have to give them a try.

girlgeek

Not enough! (well too many if you ask the bf)

A custom gold and blue one for my radiant waite
A silk scarf with Klimt's "Kiss" on it
A black and purple one from tarot totes
one on the way for my touchstone

firefrost

Sinduction said:
I have the white one from the transparent.

I forgot about that one, but it is a speciality cloth!

I occasionally go onto ebay to see if there are any really cheap light boxes to pick up, but no luck so far - really must look more often...!

Konata

i only have one; a black with gold triple moon cloth....

calligirl

What's a spread cloth?

Seriously, I don't see the need for one. I don't read for others, just myself and it's usually in my bedroom so I'm on the bed.

You have stimulated my interest so I'm thinking about designing one for myself. Thanks!

nisaba

For the table itself, I have a deep-blue sarong with a black lacy pattern printed on it, which I cover with a translucent white gauzy cloth with silver stars on it. Nice combination. I also have a striped rainbow sarong that used to lie where the blue one does now, but over ten years or so, it copped two stains that I just can't remove, so it is in retirement. Pity - it's still lovely, specially under the other one.

Arwen sent me a little hand-crocheted purple cloth for use with a small oracle which has been re-homed so the cloth has found other oracular uses.

In addition to that, about fifteen or sixteen of my decks are wrapped in tie-dyed watered-silk squares. I wish I could find more of 'em in colour-combinations I like (I'm fairly fussy) - I'd like to wrap 'em *all* that way! These clopths never get used for spreads, they merely replace the original packaging. they also serve to identify the decks without unwrapping them - I usually know what's in each one. I have several decks in bags (a second-best option), and for me, bags don't really identify the decks - I always have to open them up and check.

nisaba

girlgeek A silk scarf with Klimt's "Kiss" on it [/QUOTE said:
This would be a perfect themed cloth for the Golden Klimpt deck, which is a nice deck if you're slightly odd (fortunately I am slightly odd).

blackroseivy

I can only count 1 that I really know of - it's the beautiful China silk stained-glass Notre Dame Cathedral window one that comes with the "Tarot de Paris." I'm not a spread-cloth person in general, simply because I lack funds for both them & bags, both of which accessories I would certainly love to have but heck, can't have all that & the dex TOO! ;) :p

hehe

Actually, correction: I do have 1 really beautiful, royal-blue velvet w/silver bridal-satin lining spread-cloth in the mail courtesy of the inimitable Rev. Rose-Fairy!! :D I'm trying to work out a matching bag w/her, it's for my Mantegna Silver which has long deserved this royal treatment. But there, it's not in my hands just yet. ;)

blackroseivy

nisaba said:
girlgeek A silk scarf with Klimt's "Kiss" on it [/QUOTE said:
This would be a perfect themed cloth for the Golden Klimpt deck, which is a nice deck if you're slightly odd (fortunately I am slightly odd).

2nd me on that - got it & love it (w/its matching bag, even)!! :D