your favorite phrases for specific tarot cards

lunakasha

Le_Corsair said:
I call the RWS four of Pentacles the Greedy Bastard card. I call the 7 of Swords the Sneaky Bastard card. :D The 10 of Cups I refer to as Ding-dong, the witch is dead! The 4 of cups is the Petulant Bastard. (right lot of bastards in this deck, I think.) The 9 of Cups is the Wish Card. Tradition calls the King of Wands the country gentleman.

A few of my names for the cards are obscene, and can't be repeated, such as the Queen of Wands. (it has to do with her cat.) :joke:

Bob :THERM

LMAO Bob!!!!! :laugh::joke::laugh:

From now on when I see the 4 of Pentacles I will be thinking:
GREEDY BASTARD!!!! :p And let's face it....he REALLY is!!!

Now, what is it about the Q of Wands and her cat I wonder???? Hmmmm....any way to elaborate and keep it PG-13???

:D Luna

lunakasha

The 9 of Pentacles is the card of the ultimate Strong, Sexy, Independent woman.....for me she represents someone who has figured it all out, has gotten her life in order and now reaps the benefits. She is perfectly content with her life, her solitude (by choice) and her successes, both material and spiritual.....

Also, I think of the Chariot as the "Let's Go!" card, and the Hermit is my Inner Guide card...lighting the way for me to access my inner thoughts and personal goals. AKA the "it's all about me" card!!! :p

:) Luna

EDITED to correct error: changed "cards" to "goals" :)

minotaur

the hagar the horrible card (hermit reversed)

Sometimes if I see the Hermit reversed I call it the Hagar the Horrible card. If they aren't familiar with the comic strip I briefly explain it, then go on with the description.

In one comic Hagar goes through great difficulty to climb a mountain to see a guru. He asks the guru, "Oh wise guru, what is the secret to happiness?" The guru replies, "Good food, good wine, and good women." Hagar looks around and says, "You don't have any of those things here." The guru replies, "Who says I'm happy."

The message of the Hermit reversed is to search for happiness right in front of you, not on some distant mountain top.

WooMonkey

I work at a residential supported living program for learning disabled adults. Gossip and rumors swirl around all the time in such a small, enclosed community.

In one of the groups I run, we sometime discuss tarot cards. We often refer to the 5 of Wands as the "Drama card" (kind of like drama queen). Everyone hitting everyone else with sticks, not really getting anywhere, not really solving anything.

Life just seems like that on some days!

:)

lunakasha

WooMonkey said:
I work at a residential supported living program for learning disabled adults. Gossip and rumors swirl around all the time in such a small, enclosed community.

In one of the groups I run, we sometime discuss tarot cards. We often refer to the 5 of Wands as the "Drama card" (kind of like drama queen). Everyone hitting everyone else with sticks, not really getting anywhere, not really solving anything.

Life just seems like that on some days!

:)

Hey....I LIKE that!!!

The Drama Queen card....interesting!

:D Luna

Phoenix Rising

Judgment

This has become my favourite card in the Robin Wood deck.
Because of the Phoenix Rising in this card,
So I would say "The Phoenix is Rising, you are coming out of the ashes and being reborn"

Sulis

5 of Pentacles - Out in the cold
Knight of Pentacles - slow and steady wins the race
3 of Swords - cut to the heart of the matter.
2 of Wands - should I stay or should I go?

Sulis xx

hedgecub

The Ace of Wands in the Robin Wood deck will always be the "cock and balls" card to me...

Emily

For me:-

4 Pentacles is the miser
2 Cups:- love/relationship card
7 Swords is the sneak thief
The Hanged Man - is stalemate or the stuck card

but the Devil in the Morgan Greer always makes me think of ' look at me, I'll shock the hell out of you' lol

Chronata

I have been thinking really strongly about this thread for the past day or so...letting it mull around my brain...trying to figure out if I have certain key words or phrases that come to mind with certain cards...
And when I just took out my deck and started sifting through it, as if I was doing a reading...

Oh my. Yes.

In fact...I don't think there is a single card here that I DON'T have a ready phrase for! :)

Some of mine...

Lovers is the "Choice" card

Until recently.(Very recently!) the Hierophant has been the "Righteous" card...

Chariot is the" Movin' on up!" card

Moon is the "Sleepless nights" card

Sun is the "Go and play NOW!" card

both the 3 cups and the 4 wands are the "party" cards...

4 cups is the"Too good to be true" card

9 cups is "Careful what you wish for"...

3 wands is "Your ship's commin' in!"

8 of pents has always either been the "apprentice" card...or the "Time to make the doughnuts!" card

(though lately, thanks to Firemaiden it has really been all about the pies!)

10 pents is the "hierloom" card...

the 3 swords has always been the "healing" card for me...alternately known as "One good cry left"...

when I first started reading, the 8 cups coined the phrase..."Leaving to follow the Dead" ...

(It originally meant the Grateful Dead...but has since taken on another completely esoteric meaning!)
I also call it the "journey" card...

And I have been known to use the term "The best card in the deck" when referring to the Fool...
and "my Favorite card" when referring to either the Magician or the 3 Pentacles.

Thanks for this very insightful thread! I just love everyone else's terms, phrases, keys and wonderful descriptives!