Skrying on the Tree of Life:

Zephyros

That describes Yesod, which is not the lowest sphere, the lowest sphere being Malkuth.

True, but I think I can see WRayne's point of view on the matter, especially when dealing in an initiatory framework. Malkuth is "this world", the physical as well as mental existence of this plane. Much, if not all, of what happens here is a result of reactive actions and thoughts arising from chains of events out of our control. Yesod could be thought of that which lies "behind the scenes" of Malkuth. Attributed to the Moon, Yesod could be seen as "distorting" our view of Tiphareth the Sun with desire, ego and fears, but it need not actually be those things in themselves. Only when one actually gets to Yesod do they understand the underlying causes that make Malkuth what it is.

WRayne

Like I said, I come at it from an alien perspective in comparison to the OP - and many kabbalah-types included. A Satanic perspective, rather, using the 'Tree of Wyrd'.

Zephyros

Then there is some confusion. Are you using Satanic doctrine with the traditional Kirtcher tree? If so that is certainly valid, but since most people use the GD Tree and its attributions, if you are using a wholly different Tree in which the lowest emanation means what you say, I think at least a picture of what you're using is in order.

WRayne

I would suggest that the process of extraction and overcoming as one works their way through the various strata (by whatever exoteric handholds or names we give them) are similar if not interchangeable. So the exoteric model and its arrangement, is not a major concern nor need match one another to give similar results.

Zephyros

That's a bit of a conversation-killer. What you say is true, from the point of view of personal work. However, while my observations on Kabbalah are by no means correct, I can still show my process.

You throw something into the ring, and when asked how you arrived at it you say it doesn't matter... What's the point of that in a Kabbalah forum?

WRayne

The ToW. Seven Spheres.

Attachments

• Tow.gif
    Tow.gif
    42.9 KB · Views: 139

Zephyros

I see, thank you. Things become clearer now. :)

In essence it seems to be a truncated Tree of Life, with only the emanations surrounding Tiphareth shown. Same GD attributions. Seen in that light, I understand your comments better.

Richard

I see, thank you. Things become clearer now. :)

In essence it seems to be a truncated Tree of Life, with only the emanations surrounding Tiphareth shown. Same GD attributions. Seen in that light, I understand your comments better.

It's similar to the Seven Palaces of Assiyah arrangement of the ToL, where Kether, Chokmah, and Binah are grouped in the top circle, and Yesod and Malkuth are in the bottom circle.

Attachments

• 7palaces.jpg
    7palaces.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 127

Zephyros

Yes, and Saturn is used many times to represent the entire Supernal Triangle.

foolMoon

I have been reading about the ToL and Qabala these days, but the more I read about them, the more I feel in the clouds. How I understand them up to now is, that ToL is a conceptual diagram of understanding the world, minds and Deity. So it could have been called anything really, for example AoL - "Arrow of Life" if one wanted call it. So my Aol could have been,

Malkuth ==> Yesod ==> BlaBla ==> Kether >>>> abyss > The Nothingness, Deity.

That AoL could also have worked as a diagram albeit a simple one. And all those sephiras can be also depicted as cubes or triangles as well if one wanted.

I am not sure if I am on right track or am I far down somewhere under the Nephesh.