Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Cassandra022

wow, trimmed greenwood. brave. :0

also, some older pics but since they're not up and you went through old thread must not have posted em there.

Attachments

• damefortrim.jpg
    damefortrim.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 750
  • sunmoon1.jpg
    sunmoon1.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 674
  • sunmoon2.jpg
    sunmoon2.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 607

Cassandra022

also...

Attachments

• mcatread.jpg
    mcatread.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 550
  • madrakeaug.jpg
    madrakeaug.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 513
  • rgreadhudes.jpg
    rgreadhudes.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 658
  • Secret1.jpg
    Secret1.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 612
  • SP2.jpg
    SP2.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 737

Cat*

Cassandra022, could you please give the full names of the decks, too? :)

Cassandra022

oh, sorry. in order of attachments -

Dame Fortune's Wheel
Sun and Moon Tarot
Medieval Cats Tarot
Hudes Tarot
Secret Tarot (LS)
Steampunk Tarot

rwcarter

I expect Rodney's came out just as illuminating :)
The problem is those cards are just impossible to photograph to show them at their best.
Yup. The cards look so much better in real life than they do in a photograph. My Pimped RWS was a such a hit at BATS this year that a number of folks want me to teach a class next year called "Pimp My Rider/Bling My Thoth"! :laugh: Logistically, I don't think it will work though.

I don't intend on ever parting with my pimped RWS anyway, but both Mary Greer and Rachel Pollack had it in their hands and looked through it. So it's even more special now. :angel:

Rodney

Lifeisabutterfly

Hi Cassandra:
Love your Hudes! (love all of 'em) I trimmed mine completely! They are small, I'll admit but they shine!

AJ

Caught up to here.
Would someone who has the LoS Secret check those links and see if it's all the same deck? I see no cohesion except that they are obviously LoS

Cassandra, did you trim to a narrow blue border, or ink the side of that card?
Thanks.

Cassandra022

Lifeisabutterfly - thanks. i really like the black vines effect and didnt want to get rid of it completly, so trimmed along the back borders of the hudes. that made everything nice and even and left me a nice little bit of the vines too :]

AJ - its this deck specifically
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/secret/

the art does tend to vary a bit in terms of apparent time period, etc. i trimmed to inner blue border.

Lifeisabutterfly

Lifeisabutterfly - thanks. i really like the black vines effect and didnt want to get rid of it completly, so trimmed along the back borders of the hudes. that made everything nice and even and left me a nice little bit of the vines too :]

You were quite right to retain some of the vines--they look so pretty and quaint. Had I not been so scissor happy I would have stopped a moment and done the same!