View Single Post
Citizen

Enchanted 
Citizen

When I first looked at this card, it came across as difficult. I wasn't sure I could 'get it' and what it was trying to say. It is quite complex isn't it?

Like Sulis, I saw the similarity with the 6 of Swords, the path... to me that connected it to movement. The water flowing down, looks continuous and made me think of a release of emotions that had been previously bottled up.

In some respects this card also reminds me of the 2 of Cups, only the two cups are no longer crossed and that knot that once held together is now draining away. Which connected it with separation, a relationship breakdown. The feeling of being emotionally drained or wasting emotions. When a relationship breaks up sometimes it is accompanied with feelings of having wasted time and emotions.

Maybe it has something to do with the 6 cups being lined up down the sides of the path, but I felt like the path forward wasn't into the card but out of it. If that makes sense? This is what is behind you, you take one last look and move away from this. To stay reflecting on what is lost, or down the drain, will only cause sorrow and regret.

I sometimes see the 8 of cups as something that you don't necessarily want to do, but have to as the situation is no longer fulfilling or good for your growth. I feel that you have woken up from the dream like state of the 7 and realised you have been asleep in your own life, or daydreaming it away, or clinging to a dream that cannot be realised. The 8 is the wake up call.
Top   #6