Renaissance Tarot (Jones / Lyle) - Strength XI

celticnoodle

I know it's been awhile since this card was discussed, but since I've only JUST received this deck, I hope you don't mind me making a note on the Strength card.

First off, it was the first card that seemed to jump out at me. I love this deck, and especially this card for some reason. I at first thought this was a man in strength, rather then a woman, as the face of this woman is as dark as her hair, though I did realize it was suppose to be a shadow on her! OOPS! I also was surprised that the dress was green, as someone else mentioned here as well. However, the book that goes with this deck mentions it is a blue robe. Oh well. Other then that, I like this card. It's very simply done, (like the rest of the deck too), and I like it.

I love that it has a unicorn instead of the lion. The unicorn is a symbol of courage, virtue and stength. Also being somewhat mysterious, it seems to really add to this card. I'm sure everyone also recalls that the horn of the unicorn is also believed to be a powerful antidote against poison. To me, it just goes to show someone/something that is thought of as being charming and 'soft' can actually be strong and courageous. I find it to be a good mix here in this card!

*edited* sorry, I have a habit of hitting my return button at times which posts me before I'm ready to post! **

Enchanted

Hey Celticnoodle

I'm glad you got this deck, I hope you find the reading and studying it as useful as I did and do. I feel like it takes me out of my comfort zone but not too far to cause discomfort but yet I still learn something new each time and that in itself is a joy.
celticnoodle said:
I'm sure everyone also recalls that the horn of the unicorn is also believed to be a powerful antidote against poison. To me, it just goes to show someone/something that is thought of as being charming and 'soft' can actually be strong and courageous. I find it to be a good mix here in this card!
I didn't recall this, so thanks for pointing that out! It really speaks of a healing power in this card, which sometimes is overlooked. I love unicorns, so I really love this card. It sometimes feels healing just to look upon them. And I guess what is more healing than the power and true strength that comes from unconditional love for self and others. I sometimes think that we don't appreciate how difficult that can be.

Many blessings to you on your journey with this deck... I'll be sure to chime in! :D
Enchanted x

Bernice

Enchanted; great.

Enchanted said:....both regarded as king of the beasts, the unicorn rules through harmony while the lion rules through might,

Smack on the button! And in this card the lady embraces harmony, whilst above her is the Lion of Might. If it is taken that the lion, (being overhead) crowns her, then this is a mighty strong Lady indeed, on whom the midday Sun (lions mane is sun rays) shines.

Bee.