View Single Post
Citizen

Sharla 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanMenon View Post
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

Moon at 8 Leo is in Saturn's face, and Saturn at 16 Sagittarius is in the Moon's face.

note: these are ***Ptolemian*** dignities, though afaik the faces/decans work even when you use Chaldean decans.

I'm trying to use those to learn horary (since those are what Lilly uses). In my normal practice I use Egyptian terms and also a sidereal zodiac and Placidus houses, which would give a completely different chart.

In any case

Leo has the first face/decan 0 to 10 degrees, ruled by Saturn. So the Moon's ( 8 degrees Leo) face ruler is Saturn.

and Sagittarius has the second decan 10-20 degrees ruled by the Moon. So Saturn (at 16 Sagittarius) has the Moon as face/decan ruler.

So there is a mutual reception by face/decan. That said decan/face is the weakest possible mutual reception. So there's that. But this is enough for the Moon and Saturn to have a shred of essential dignity and so are not peregrine.
I think i might get what your doing now....and this is the exact same chart i work from, so were on the same page this way.

So as saturn is 16 degrees sagittarius do i then look for what term saturn would be in at 16 degrees Leo .....as ive been changing the degree to the other significator i.e in this instance it would make saturn 8 degrees......making me see him as being in moons detriment.

Do you understand what i mean ?
Top   #26