Saturn return stories

LittleOne

I think it's really interesting knowing about the Saturn return right now while I go through my first one because I am getting to observe how my peers are handling it. I am really distinctly seeing how my friends who worked hard, stayed true to themselves and built stability around 25 are really reaping the benefits of their hard work. Buying houses, having babies, getting married. I saw an ex on Facebook got married last year - 5 years ago when I had been seeing him he was a completely immature knob... he had the makings of a stable person but clearly in the last 5 years really turned things around - he made commitments and stuck to them.

On the flip side, I am really seeing how those who didn't are going bonkers with their "quarter life crises" every six months. Leap frogging jobs instead of building careers, hiding their discontent through partying, drinking and excuse making, etc. I can see their frustration coming out in their actions along with hearing it in their words "I don't know what I want", "I think it's time I grew up", "I can't decide what I want to do for the rest of my life".

The majority of them aren't having huge problems, or bad runs, or anything "bad" as such happening to them, but are definitely struggling... I think as mentioned by celticnoodle and danieljuk.... they are struggling with life getting "serious". They want change in their life without making a change. They haven't identified yet that there is actually freedom in restriction (Saturn = restriction). When you have lots choices in front of you to choose it's just as debilitating as having none if you are unable to make a decision! Making a choice and sticking to it is freeing. Well.... in my mind it is. But I am a Caprcorn-rising, hahaha.

MandMaud

Talking of Saturn, I heard half an interview with Rick Stein today and it struck me how Saturn-ish his life story is. He had a difficult relationship wtih his father, who died by suicide, and that bereavement had a huge effect on Rick. He was late finding his vocation and knuckling down to being serious about life. And so on.

I can't find a birth chart for him - I know a lot of celebrities' charts are online. Astrotheme has a great many, but not his. Anyone any idea? (His date of birth is on Wikipedia, but of course not the time.)

Minderwiz

I can't find one either. I checked all the freebie charts with Solar Fire and Janus, they don't seem to have any for celebrity chefs, but tons for other entertainers, business, etc.

MandMaud

Oh well. I'll have to be a fan and chase him around till he tells me. :D

celticnoodle

LittleOne, your post was interesting, because it made me remember that when I we (hub & I) were 28yrs old, we bought our first home, (I had purchased a trailer to live in before that though--but this was the first 'REAL' home, that couldn't be moved. :laugh:) and looking back at my peers, I also can see many who were on the positive side of their probable Saturn return and the negative.

Looking around at my peers today--some of them probably going through their 2nd Saturn return, I am again seeing that some of them are really struggling with some issues. Issues that if they would just buckle down (as I see it) they could very well turn it around and handle it, but they refuse to give up the partying and living more securely. Then some others who are also faced with big changes and they seem to be embracing them and moving forward again fast.

I wonder if it IS due to their Saturn return...interesting. Never stopped to think about it until I read your post. :)

danieljuk

oh thank you for your educational responses :heart:
I am always slightly skeptical Minderwiz but if it's free and "as tested by minderwiz" it looks good :)

Mand Maud that would make sense that it fades in and out and isn't precise as an event in itself! also thank you for explaining degrees!

I wonder if the first Saturn Return makes us an adult in some way, although not sure that guarantees maturity :D

SA12

Don't believe the hysterical New Age hype about Saturn returns as some grim, dismal affair -- and I say this with love as someone who went through theirs in the last 2 years (and I have Saturn rx Scorpio if that helps). What happened? Well, I moved to a different city in another country and started my PhD -- as serious of a commitment as it gets to work. As with most of life, there are ups and downs -- when he was in Libra (opposite my Aries asc.) circa 2012, that was a powder keg that blew up my life/relationships painfully at the time -- but it also sussed out who didn't belong there, so never fear Saturn -- the pain is a blessing and sometimes opens ways to move forward. Think of Saturn's visits as a reminder from a fussy great-grandpa figure to constantly evolve yourself as a human being -- my two cents ;)

I just read my Susan Miller horoscope and had to giggle a bit:
"Saturn's return to your ninth house will give you just thirteen weeks of tutoring, and in the process you will learn to polish your work to a new level of sophistication. You may find that your projects take a little longer than you estimate, and might cost more than you estimate, so keep that in mind at the onset, when you agree to deadlines. Things will normalize in mid-September. Your ninth house will be involved, so if traveling abroad, have precise addresses and phone numbers of accommodations ahead of time, and call to confirm all. ....You have had two years of taskmaster Saturn's tutoring in your ninth house, covering not only the media and foreign travel and relationships, but also might influence matters related to your efforts to get an advanced degree or to deal with the courts."

I'm a pisces/aries cusp, and I will be taking comprehensive exams for candidacy in September AND looking at doing a research trip or two. Fancy that timing :p

celticnoodle

:laugh: goodness, SA12. Good Luck! :D

SA12

:laugh: goodness, SA12. Good Luck! :D

Thank you! It's definitely been a wild ride...and remains such!

I guess I would also add, for purposes of Saturn discussion, that like a mercury retrograde, you might notice things happening a little bit before and a little after. I imagine this especially applies for those of us cusp-born, but from what I've read around, planets 'wiggle' so anyone approaching their first return might want to ponder the changes that happen in the months leading up to it. The 'beginnings' of my saturn return were definitely like 'whoa' vs. the almost quiet end.

MandMaud

I wonder if the first Saturn Return makes us an adult in some way, although not sure that guarantees maturity :D

I have thought for many years that 30 (thereabouts) is the real "coming of age" age!