View Single Post
Citizen

Enchanted 

To me it looked like the figure was saluting the 8th wand, that he is sending off into the stratosphere, with a kind of sayonara and a bon voyage. Whatever this is, 'he' is putting it out there and putting his best wishes for success behind it. He really wants it to hit the mark.

I also noticed the neatly stacked 7 wands behind him. Why are they neatly stacked? This image is very different from other 8 of wands cards I have seen, where all the wands are airborne. I don't get that same kind of exhilaration with this card. This seems more focussed, less 'devil may care', well I hope one lands where I would like, kind of thing.

So why are the 7 wands neatly stacked behind him? Are they out of his line of vision, is he unaware of them? Are they neatly stacked because they are the things he has under his control? Or are they backs ups... if the wand he is tossing out there misses, are these his reserves? Personally, I like the latter. Strength in reserve, certainly will set him up well for the nine.

In general, I think that this is one card that I used to over simplify and also be slightly dismissive of. Until I had one of those readings where the card becomes forever burned on your mind. It appeared in a reading on a living situation where that situation changed unexpectedly and quickly the very next day. From that point on, I don't think I'll ever dismiss the swiftness of this card.

It's an interesting depiction of this card, often it does not have a human figure on it... the figure on this card seems to ground it in a way, put more of a basis for it in the real world rather than up in the clouds with the birdies.

I had to laugh with your crane analogy Sulis, he does look like a bit of a construction worker. That really works for me with this representation of the card. The human figure grounds it for me, and I guess that wand that he is tossing out, is eventually earth bound.
Top   #3