Collaborative Spread Creation #13 - Healing Ancestral Trauma

cirenosille

Are you trying to create a spread specifically for you in this thread (in which case you already know the ancestral line) or a spread for others to use? I thought from your original post that you were looking for help creating a spread for your personal situation.

If it's for others, something as simple as doing a pre-reading reading using court cards or something could be one way to pinpoint the ancestral line. e.g. Cups and Pentacles for maternal side; Swords and Wands for the paternal. Or something like that. Perhaps, it could be done with a second deck that you've already set aside the court cards for this exercise. That way you don't have to reintegrate and shuffle court cards back into the deck you're going to do the reading with. The court cards could tell the ancestor's gender and age.

Both. I wanted to create a spread that could be used to help in the discovery of where trauma exists in the ancestral line and how to heal it; maybe because I am still a novice, it seemed that such a spread could easily be used for trauma that is already known about to some extent. The pre-reading reading sounds perfect for this spread. I understand using the court cards to determine which side it takes place on, but how do they determine the generation or age of when the trauma occurred?

rwcarter

What was the trauma?
Who experienced the trauma?
What effect did the trauma have on their life?
How was it expressed in that first generation?
What is the legacy the trauma has introduced into the family line?
What effect has the trauma had on my family today?
How can I heal the trauma I inherited?
How can I heal the trauma the rest of my family has inherited?
How can I help the spirit of my ancestor heal, if that's needed?
With the forum's impending closure, we need to wrap this up.

Since the Red Cross is an international symbol of help and through extension healing, I was thinking a cross pattern for the position:

The positions would be:

1 - What was the trauma?
2 - Who experienced the trauma?
3 - What effect did the trauma have on their life?
4 - How was it expressed in that first generation?
5 - What is the legacy the trauma has introduced into the family line?
6 - What effect has the trauma had on my family today?
7 - How can I heal the trauma I inherited?
8 - How can I heal the trauma the rest of my family has inherited?
9 - How can I help the spirit of my ancestor heal, if that's needed?

The other plus to laying the cards out in that order is that they could be read as a spiral showing the interconnectedness of the positions.

Rodney

cirenosille

Fantastic! Thank you very much for this :)

Could you explain a little more about a pre-reading to determine the age of the ancestor? I understand that the Cups and Pentacles for maternal side, and the Swords and Wands for the paternal side, but how is the age determined? Or is it just a matter of which court card determining the stage of life the ancestor was at when the trauma occurred?

Also, I'm sad to know that this forum is closing down! I just found it a few months ago!

rwcarter

If it's for others, something as simple as doing a pre-reading reading using court cards or something could be one way to pinpoint the ancestral line. e.g. Cups and Pentacles for maternal side; Swords and Wands for the paternal. Or something like that. Perhaps, it could be done with a second deck that you've already set aside the court cards for this exercise. That way you don't have to reintegrate and shuffle court cards back into the deck you're going to do the reading with. The court cards could tell the ancestor's gender and age.

LisaStarlight suggested the pre-reading, not me.

LisaStarlight

Identifying the generation the trauma happened in is REALLY getting down to nitty gritty details, and I'm not sure how relevant it would be for the average querent who wanted to use the spread.

But for your purposes, cirenosille, I'm thinking that perhaps you could use something like a pendulum and mat? If you do go down this route, it would probably make the court cards redundant, because you could use the pendulum for that information too.

Cards alone would be difficult to work out how to use to clearly identify numbers of generations and age of the ancestor, although you could perhaps use them to double check any information you get via pendulum.