Epinal Tarot

Strange2

Le Fanu said:
Great deck this, I love it.... I really, really should use it more. Every time I get it out, I tell myself I must use it more...

Yep. And I love the back image on the cards. It's like a pyschedelic historical time tunnel!

Gemyndig

Strange2 said:
Yep. And I love the back image on the cards. It's like a pyschedelic historical time tunnel!

He he - great description! (I think the whole deck is like that!) Anyway, I'm thrilled because I just won a bid for one on ebay for 10 euros - can't wait to get it!!!

Le Fanu

Great deck this, I love it.

And one card which those scans (great as they are) doesn't show, is the "Significator" card. I love decks with Significator cards. This deck has one.

Hugely atmospheric deck, the Epinal, and it feels like the old school of tarot card production; great cardstock, firm and resilient, and slightly "rough" reproductions. I really, really should use it more. Every time I get it out, I tell myself I must use it more...
Just found this old thread and as I'm using the Epinal on holiday (I think it's Moonbow's old copy) I thought I'd do a search and see what comes up.

I love this deck and I'm intrigued by the LWB. Next time anyone asks "which tarot card means homosexuality?" we can cite the LWB of the Epinal which says that's what the Ace of Swords means (among other things like "perversions").

I do like this deck. How comforting I find this sturdy old school cardstock and blocks of colour...

Thoughtful

So glad l looked at this thread. l have the 1jj Swiss and have always wanted a deck which had a similar look and feel to them. This is it! l am off to order from Alida right now.

Order done and happy it is still in stock. Now l wait......