1889?

Arimaya

Anyone have insight into what's going on with the 1889 Lenormand Kickstarter project of ForTheSeekers/Jennifer Kast?

I did not back it, but was noodling around KS yesterday looking for new shiny things and saw it's delayed but that creator is also MIA since January?

AnjouTwo

Anyone have insight into what's going on with the 1889 Lenormand Kickstarter project of ForTheSeekers/Jennifer Kast?

I did not back it, but was noodling around KS yesterday looking for new shiny things and saw it's delayed but that creator is also MIA since January?

I backed the project, and have been wondering about its status for several months. I know that a few of my fellow backers have resorted to "reporting" this project to Kickstarter due to a lack of updates about the deck's progress, but so far nothing has happened. In a best case scenario, the creator will return to finish this deck. I'm not getting that feeling at the moment, however, due to her near total absence from social media.

Arimaya

yes, last I saw was a post a couple months ago. Strange though since she successfully did another project before.

LavenderLibra

I'm hoping for the best....I'm a backer, also. And I still want this. The cards are lovely.

2orangetabbies

I actually just checked the page awhile ago to see if there were updates, as I am a backer, too. Apparently, someone was able to contact via Facebook a friend of the artist who confirmed that nothing dire has befallen her. So, unfortunately, things are giving the appearance of her taking the $$ and running. Too bad, because it looked like it was going to be a great deck, and she apparently had successfully run other KS projects in the past. But, maybe she will surprise us.

SarahJoy

That's unfortunate.

LavenderLibra

An Update by email!

I have received an email update, as a backer, about this deck. It looks like it's going forward! So any other backers of the 1889 Lenormand, check your email: it looks like we may have a deck soon!!

AnjouTwo

I have received an email update, as a backer, about this deck. It looks like it's going forward! So any other backers of the 1889 Lenormand, check your email: it looks like we may have a deck soon!!

I got the email, too, and it's quite a surprise. I think she deserves compassion and understanding at this point, and hopefully she didn't read all of the comments on her Kickstarter page! What a strange journey.

AnjouTwo

I may just be talking to myself here, but...

The deck is gorgeous. The execution is beyond my expectations and I'm thrilled that it was finished so beautifully despite the setbacks. I don't know if the creator has a plan to sell it outside of Kickstarter (she may be over it at this point) but it has quickly become my go-to deck.

Those of you who backed the deck, what are your feelings about the finished product?

Shade

I just saw my friend's copy last night and I thought it was well done.

It managed to encapsulate a sort of goth vibe without resorting to skulls, demons and other horror imagery.

The gold edges were particularly well done.

Overall, it's visually too dark for me to want to read with it - I like my Lenormand decks to be more "crisp" but of the darker decks with the sole exception of teh Wizard Laird deck I am still salivating for: http://www.malpertuis.co.uk/site/legend-of-the-wizard-laird.html