View Single Post
Citizen

dadsnook2000 
Dave's TENTH step & new card

First, I want to share my new card choice which I have chosen to represent the new phases of my life right now as recent past situations fade away. The Fey FOOL card is very different from other decks yet it clearly captures the core meanings while offering its own views.
* The many keys clearly offer various opportunities, implying choices available.
* The glowing jack-o-lantern pumpkin is a totally out-of-context object or issue that sometimes happens in one's life. All kinds of questions arise because of its unexplainable presence.
* The demeanor of the Fool is of utter astonishment and bewilderment. This has taken him out of journey and caused him to pause. Will he question this, will he walk past it in a moment? What will change for him because of this?
* Where did he get the crown? Clearly it offers him possible, future enlightenment if he realizes what it offers and how the keys he carries can be used.

STEP TEN:
Available Fool Meanings:
** (Fey book) Many beginnings, questing, empty container to be filled, a blank page, a question, the emptyness of knowledge, trust that may come, a universe of "it is not" and "don't know" that applies to many, lack of direction, madness, strangeness, paths less trodden, distance from the truth, simplicity, ingenuity.
** Older Tarot meanings for the Fool: lacking belief in God, outside of the grace of God, unawareness of what surrounds him (such as in the Waite-Smith card). Compare this to today when the Fool is surrounded by large numbers of questions and fewer answers, doubts, uncertainties of how various portions of life and situations work or don't work together, a befuddlement of information and choices, the portions of ourselves that knowledge and experience haven't yet dealt with.
** Tarot Reversals by Mary Greer notes: Spirit before manifestation, the presence of all possibilities, being in the present, a fresh look, flights of fancy, lack of assertiveness, an eccentric whim, among many other meanings.

My question:
The primary concern now is "How will my new book be received as it is introduced sequentially to various people and groups who will help to launch it in the coming months? Relative to this new card I note the following: This will obviously appear (the book and its subject) as something new and unexpected to those who are introduced to it (the out-of-the-blue jack-o-lantern). There are many opportunities to put this before the astrological public and those professionals wishing to improve their predictive tools (the number of keys). These opportunities are for me to imagine and discover (the crown with the key hole). The book draws a distinction between what is up-front in the astrological community and what is not so apparent (the green front of the tunic, the purple back) -- this refers to my unique use of Sidereal-related tools that both simplify astrological work as well as making it more accurate. The holding of the glowing pumpkin in the left hand with the right hand on his chest points to a give-and-take awareness going on (I have a software developer who is willing to modify his astrological program to include these "new" techniques).

List the meanings that have jumped out at me:
* The number of possibilities (keys) to unlock my idea-offering (crown).
* The communication between the pumpkin (discovered world) and the Fool along with the bright light of discovery.
* The dark background (past, present) compared to the new light in the foreground around the Fool.

The fourth suggested step doesn't apply to this newly chosen card, but if we look back at the Fey World card where the Fey was confronting the Dragon, the Fey has obviously found a way to get past the dragon and is now dealing with it.

Questions and Answers:
We are asked to look at previous book interpretations and ask questions and furnish answers.
* (trust that may come, a universe of "it is not" and "don't know") How do you see the book overcoming old practices and becoming open to the new methods offered? I have used current examples of very popular or well-known people and events as examples of how graphically these methods work.
* (paths less trodden) How do my concepts represent something new? I have introduced the means of doing away with astrological signs, houses and most aspects -- yet have presented the effective use of planets and chart angles to clearly provide answers and worked examples that are very powerful.
* (simplicity, ingenuity.) How will the simplicity and ingenuity of this book's message be presented? Charts without sign-degree numbers and aspect lines all over the place will be shown, making it simple to focus on just a few items. Ingenuity of the process and the software will permit anyone to try this for themselves.
* (uncertainties of how various portions of life and situations work or don't work together) How will my book and approach to predictive astrology address issues of concern to others? Professional astrologers have to put in great deal of work to make predictions and to answer client's questions of "what" and "when." This book's topical areas will touch sensitive points in their practice.

Summary:
We each have primary or even burning questions that are foremost in our minds at any given time. I thank you for bearing with me as I move thru this creative process. Those of you have visited the Astrology Forum here on AT know that I practice a very clear and effective form of astrology and that I try to help others in their studies no matter what path they choose for themselves. This exercise, based on Mary Greer's book, 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card, takes each of us on a very personal and deep journey.

I encourage any of the many who follow this thread to jump in and participate. I know that you'll find yourself adding to your abilities to "see" cards in a different light from now on. Dave
Attached Images

Top   #2