Collaborative Spread Creation #13 - Healing Ancestral Trauma

arcange

Is it more important to heal the trauma or to let go of it?

For some reason I see a pyramid shape.

rwcarter

Heal vs release? That's a really good point!

cirenosille

Letting go can be a type of healing, but not all types of healing involve letting go.

rwcarter

I haven't forgotten about this.

So if these are the positions we've settled on, do they seem to be in the correct order?

What was the trauma?
How was it expressed in that first generation?
Who experienced the trauma?
What effect did the trauma have on their life?
What is the legacy the trauma has introduced into the family line?
What effect has the trauma had on my family today?
How can I heal the trauma I inherited?
How can I heal the trauma the rest of my family has inherited?
How can I help the spirit of my ancestor heal, if that's needed?

If this were a story you were reading, which would you rather know first - who it happened to or how it was expressed in the first generation? I'm thinking how it was expressed could actually go after the effect it had on the person who experienced it.

Once we have the order of the positions set, then we can think about spread shapes.

Rodney

cirenosille

I haven't forgotten about this.

So if these are the positions we've settled on, do they seem to be in the correct order?

What was the trauma?

If this were a story you were reading, which would you rather know first - who it happened to or how it was expressed in the first generation? I'm thinking how it was expressed could actually go after the effect it had on the person who experienced it.

Once we have the order of the positions set, then we can think about spread shapes.

Rodney

If I understand correctly, I agree that how it was expressed could go after the affect it had on the person who experienced it. So(?):

What was the trauma?

It seems pertinent, but I'm not sure how to include it, that the querent should be specific about which side of the family they're asking about, maybe even going so far as to say which grandparents' line should be explored through the seeking before proceeding with the reading.

rwcarter

It seems pertinent, but I'm not sure how to include it, that the querent should be specific about which side of the family they're asking about, maybe even going so far as to say which grandparents' line should be explored through the seeking before proceeding with the reading.

Are you speaking in general or specifically in your situation? Cause you originally said you knew the trauma was on your mother's side. I would think that anyone else who might use this spread would already have a good idea (like you do) that there was some kind of trauma. The spread positions are based on the belief that there was some trauma. As configured so far, this isn't a spread to inquire as to whether or not there might be some trauma in the family line.

We have 9 positions in the spread. My first thought for layout is an equal-armed cross, but I'll have to see if I can make the card positions flow within that construct.

Rodney

cirenosille

Are you speaking in general or specifically in your situation? Cause you originally said you knew the trauma was on your mother's side. I would think that anyone else who might use this spread would already have a good idea (like you do) that there was some kind of trauma. The spread positions are based on the belief that there was some trauma. As configured so far, this isn't a spread to inquire as to whether or not there might be some trauma in the family line.

Rodney

Considering the nature of our world as it is now, and has been, you'd be hard pressed to find an ancestral line that doesn't contain something that needs to be healed. My original intent was to create a spread that could help discover any incidents that most needed healing within our ancestral lines and the circumstances surrounding them; it just so happens that I'm aware of one such event having taken place, but I do not have the details of the event. With that being said, how should we proceed?

LisaStarlight

Considering the nature of our world as it is now, and has been, you'd be hard pressed to find an ancestral line that doesn't contain something that needs to be healed. My original intent was to create a spread that could help discover any incidents that most needed healing within our ancestral lines and the circumstances surrounding them; it just so happens that I'm aware of one such event having taken place, but I do not have the details of the event. With that being said, how should we proceed?

Are you trying to create a spread specifically for you in this thread (in which case you already know the ancestral line) or a spread for others to use? I thought from your original post that you were looking for help creating a spread for your personal situation.

If it's for others, something as simple as doing a pre-reading reading using court cards or something could be one way to pinpoint the ancestral line. e.g. Cups and Pentacles for maternal side; Swords and Wands for the paternal. Or something like that. Perhaps, it could be done with a second deck that you've already set aside the court cards for this exercise. That way you don't have to reintegrate and shuffle court cards back into the deck you're going to do the reading with. The court cards could tell the ancestor's gender and age.