Inklings of the 'Tarot of the Sidhe'

Sidhe-Ra

Hello!It's been very interesting looking at everyone's ideas here. I'm struck by the variety of images. I think perhaps what they say about books- that everyone has one in them- may apply even more to Tarot decks! After all, we're all little universes of symbology within ourselves, aren't we?
It's taken me some time to get started on my own- about ten years- but I've finally made those tentative first steps.
This painting is originally titled 'Winter Solstice', but after looking at it, I realised it was also 'Temperance'. This can be seen in the balance between the sun and moon, ice and fire, male and female, and the creation of new life that comes from the joining of the two. Ice and fire come together to bring life giving water. Winter Solstice is the rebirth of the sun, temperance the alchemy which brings about new life...let me know what you think, or if you disagree!
I think this parallel will continue through many of the major arcana - my next image planned is 'The Lovers', which will also be 'Beltane'. Any ideas on other parallels? I'm thinking 'Death'/Samhain, Summer Solstice/ 'The Sun', Ostara/'The Empress', Imbolc/'The Star...possibly. Anyway, there you go! And here it is- http://pub47.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=91016&usernum=4007209499

if it works!

RViewer

Subspace Tarot...

I see more than just a little bit of grey ET hybrid look to the face of this version of Temperance. Very interesting image that conveys a really specific vibe (at least to me) with imagery I agree is relevant to the lore of the Sidhe. Is this an example of a semi-finished card image or do you plan to refine it in any way?

Your image shows depth of thought.

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you!

I need to think of a border etc... Other than that I think I like the image as it is. It would be tempting to polish it and make it more commercial, but I fear over refinement may lose some of the expression and energy.

It is interesting that you think the face of the Sidhe as being ET/grey-like...It is how I perceive them, and have often thought that modern UFO sightings are closely connected with the ancient race of the Sidhe.

Thank you for your feedback, it's much appreciated! :)

Chronata

Really nicely done, Sidhe-Ra (your name is awesome! BTW)

I really can see how this painting reflects the Temperance card, and does have a very beautiful show of balance, between extremes.

The colors are wonderful too!
And I like the idea of basing cards on pagan holidays..what you have so far is a cool idea.

Please don't refine the image or make it more commercial! I really love the art style the way it is! I think the Tarot world needs more decks like yours...

And I don't think you really need a border at all...simply a title.

Looking forward to seeing more cards!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you, you're very kind! I've got a few other projects keeping me busy through Nov/Dec but I shall throw myself into tarot creation come January- then you won't be able to get rid of me!

catlin

Merry Meet, Sidhe-Ra,
I like your project, it's very interesting.

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you so much! Merry meet indeed :)

Chronata

Oh this card is just stunning!

I admit I like it better than the first one...(and that one is really nice too. :) )

You really do get a wonderful feel for Beltane...and all that the celebration invokes in this image...
The wonderful balance of male and female energies, and that unique fae quality as well.

Very beautiful card!

blackroseivy

Your work is so incredibly colorful! :D