Personal Transformation Thread

saturninebird

Personal Transformation Spread

Hi, everyone. I just registered yesterday. Here's my first spread post.

This spread might be useful in one of these situations:
1. You feel you have changed. You're not the person you once were. How did this happen?
2. You feel you need to change, let go of old habits and take on a new attitude. What should you do?

First, separate the court cards from the rest of the deck. The court cards in this spread will be represented as C1 and C2. 1 through 6 come from the rest of the deck.

*****1*2*3*****
*C1*********C2*
*****4*5*6*****

C1: Who you once were. (or who you are now in the 2nd situation)
C2: Who you are now. (or who you should become in the 2nd situation)
1,2,3: The series of external events that influence the transformation from C1 to C2.
4,5,6: The series of inner feelings, thoughts, or changes of heart that influence the transformation from C1 to C2.

You may predetermine one or both of the court cards, or consult the deck, it depends on your situation. (ex. I feel that I have become the Knight of Swords, but who was I before? What happened to me?-->Take out the Knight of Swords for C2 and consult the cards for the other one.)

I hope this makes sense.
best wishes~~

rwcarter

Hi saturninebird,

Welcome to AT!

I like the look of your spread. And I like that one can either choose the C1 and C2 cards up front or let the deck decide what should be there. While I understand why you chose to pull the Courts out and use them for those positions, were I to used the spread, I wouldn't limit those two positions to just the courts.

Not sure if this is the first spread you've ever created or the first spread you're going to share with AT, but either way, I think you did an excellent job.

Rodney

saturninebird

rwcarter said:
Hi saturninebird,

Welcome to AT!

I like the look of your spread. And I like that one can either choose the C1 and C2 cards up front or let the deck decide what should be there. While I understand why you chose to pull the Courts out and use them for those positions, were I to used the spread, I wouldn't limit those two positions to just the courts.

Not sure if this is the first spread you've ever created or the first spread you're going to share with AT, but either way, I think you did an excellent job.

Rodney

Thanks for the feedback! It is the first spread I've created. I did try creating some spreads before, but this was the first that I felt worth writing down and keeping for later use. So I'd say it's the first.
Good advice. I think I'll try it without limiting the courts some time.
It just so happened that I was going through the court cards and pondering over them when I suddenly had a question to ask. So I did this and found it quite insightful.