View Single Post
King of Wands -Stonehenge at summer solstice

This card is interesting to me because it connects a sacred site with a particular time of the year. Every year, thousands of people visit Stonehenge at summer solstice - so it's easy to find accounts of personal experiences. And they're kind of all over the place emotionally, a mixed bag.

The King of Wands as the personification of the powers associated with fire reminds me of inspiration, zeal, and creativity. This description of a woman who received a song while at Stonehenge really touched me. It's from a newspaper interview reprinted on her website:

Worcester Telegram, February 4, 2004

"Last summer, while standing inside Stonehenge, Gardner-based pagan-folk artist Kellianna (aka Kellie Girouard) experienced a life-altering epiphany. She found buried deep inside her a song that needed to be sung and, thankfully for her fans, many others that needed to be recorded.

``That was the moment my life changed. That was the moment I decided to record this music,'' she said. ``That one hour I spent in Stonehenge changed my entire life, my focus, my future. I was ready to give up music before that trip.''

For me, this story is the power of fire to heal apathy, self-doubt, and blocks to creativity.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3