The Wild Unknown Tarot - III Pentacles

Sulis

This card is dominated by a huge mountain. At the foot of the mountain are 3 coins or pentacles, one red, one blue and one yellow. They are arranged in the shape of an inverted triangle and are connected with coloured lines or twigs.

This makes me think of foundation and reminds me that with numbers, once you have 3 you have a shape that isn't 2 dimensional any more, you have something solid that can be built on. You've created something from the product of 1 + 2.

I pulled this card the other day when asking how the healing of my ankle is going and it said to me that I'd made a good start, the foundations had been laid, the surgical work had been done but there is still a long way to go, a mountain to climb if you like...

I see this card as the start of physical progress, manufacture or work but it really is just the beginning. It says that the energies of the Ace and the 2 are now being put to use...

I'd love to hear what others think of this image. I think it's a much easier message to read than the scene on most 3 of Pentacles cards.

Attachments

• 3 Pentacles.jpg
    3 Pentacles.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,363

Ildrinn

I read the mountain as representing the manifested, whether it be a concept or something physical.

The pentacles to me represented with their colour intuition and the ability to be flexible. To not always draw the conclusions that seems to be set in stone.

ivanna

Maybe a silly idea, but the mountain seemed to me like a sheet hidding something. What could be hidden under the sheet?
And the background? Must be raining? A bad weather to climb a mountain.

Pixna

The three pentacles in different colored circles are interconnected, showing the unity and strength provided by the number 3. I interpret the red as physical strength or passion, the blue as emotion, and the yellow as intellect. But the colors of the connecting sticks/wands morph as they meld into the next color (red to blue becomes purple, blue to yellow becomes green, red to yellow becomes orange).

It's interesting that there are wands in this pentacles card, perhaps indicating the creativity and resourcefulness needed to climb the mountain together. The colors tell me that the full spectrum of skills, abilities, qualities, and traits are needed to be successful.

The mountain is steep and foreboding, and the weather looks a bit treacherous. But the energy of the three pentacles virtually glows, indicating that they're up for the task ahead. They exude confidence and solidarity.

Ildrinn

The three pentacles in different colored circles are interconnected, showing the unity and strength provided by the number 3. I interpret the red as physical strength or passion, the blue as emotion, and the yellow as intellect. But the colors of the connecting sticks/wands morph as they meld into the next color (red to blue becomes purple, blue to yellow becomes green, red to yellow becomes orange).

It's interesting that there are wands in this pentacles card, perhaps indicating the creativity and resourcefulness needed to climb the mountain together. The colors tell me that the full spectrum of skills, abilities, qualities, and traits are needed to be successful.

The mountain is steep and foreboding, and the weather looks a bit treacherous. But the energy of the three pentacles virtually glows, indicating that they're up for the task ahead. They exude confidence and solidarity.

Love your elaboration on the pentacles and the wands. I've had a feeling about these that I couldn't quite articulate and now you've put it into words perfectly, so thank you Pixna.

LovelyMissAries

Going off Pixna's observation of the colored rings: those are the three primary colors of art. Corresponding that to the meaning of three of Pentacles, I think it's saying to the querent that they have the basics down. As everyone has already mentioned the mountain represents the distance needed to achieve their goal, but I've also seen the Mountain as a symbol for obstacles too. If we think of The Empress (the Rider Waite version) and how she's resting in nature and how Pentacles represents the Earth element, I think it is a card of natural progression, and a journey. Yes, it's going to be hard but it's going to be worth it in the end and also that the only way to go from the point you're at when you do the reading, is up. Sort of like a positive "rock bottom" card.

Rose Lalonde

It's interesting that there are wands in this pentacles card, perhaps indicating the creativity and resourcefulness needed to climb the mountain together.

Ah, thanks for that! That's a great point.

Hash

One of the keywords in the companion book is "TEAMWORK." This card could point to the need and importance of working with others to get some massive undertaking done. There is very little chance of accomplishing anything momentous without the help of those around us, and we must not be afraid to ask for it.

geoxena

When I pulled this card in a reading for myself today, it symbolized to me that I need to find balance and stability (the connected pentacles) in order to prepare for a large, difficult task (the mountain) ahead of me. I can't do it willy-nilly; I need to take care of myself and have a balanced mixture of the things I need because it will be a long uphill climb. But if I am prepared and ready, I will have quite a number of paths to choose from, to climb up that mountain.

Sulis

When I pulled this card in a reading for myself today, it symbolized to me that I need to find balance and stability (the connected pentacles) in order to prepare for a large, difficult task (the mountain) ahead of me. I can't do it willy-nilly; I need to take care of myself and have a balanced mixture of the things I need because it will be a long uphill climb. But if I am prepared and ready, I will have quite a number of paths to choose from, to climb up that mountain.
I really like your ideas about having a balanced mixture of the things you need to prepare yourself for the rest of the journey, the mountain that you have to climb her geoxena..