The Enchanted Lenormand Oracle - Caitlin Matthews, Art by Virginia Lee

magpie9

Just ordered it via Book Depositary.....now the wait for the Celtic Leormand continues. I wonder if that will come out on Book Depositary, first, too? Hmmmm..............

Are you all aware of this one? It's Will Worthington. The creators blog is here:
http://www.networkedblogs.com/panorama
that's the 1st page...lots of pix of completed cards later on in the blog.
I can't wait for this one, but I guess I'll have to!

ann823

Has anyone gotten this yet? If they have how is the book? I'd be interested if the book was good, there really doesn't seem to be anything useful in English yet so I am hoping this one is.

kalliope

If you look on the UK Amazon site, there are handful of reviews (since it's already out there), all of them quite good.

I'm really looking forward to receiving this book, as I always enjoy what Caitlin has to say, and she's done a lot of research, too. Seems like it will become the go-to English book for learning a solid foundation in the Lenormand.

ann823

Thanks, I'll go look. I hope it's that good, it is much needed.

Flaxen

I bought this set primarily because I was interested in the book and wanted to see what Caitlin's take was.

The book is very impressive - it offers detailed meanings which are based in tradition and gives plenty of exercises to help people practice. It gives a good overview of different spreads including the Grand Tableau (9x4). A beginner wouldn't go far wrong with this set at all. Like all things, consistency and regular practice are key to improving but this book gives solid guidance.

Meshabelle

I need to go get mine ordered! I noticed Amazon has dropped their price to just under $13! I am sure the deck and booklet are worth so much more then that. Heck some places sell the Blue Owl for more then that.

ann823

I ordered too, I'm not too keen on the cards with that bubble thing but I really want the book. I noticed Andy bc gave it five stars so I'm hopeful.

La Force

I bought this set primarily because I was interested in the book and wanted to see what Caitlin's take was.

The book is very impressive - it offers detailed meanings which are based in tradition and gives plenty of exercises to help people practice. It gives a good overview of different spreads including the Grand Tableau (9x4). A beginner wouldn't go far wrong with this set at all. Like all things, consistency and regular practice are key to improving but this book gives solid guidance.

This looks to be right up my alley. I would be interested if you could be so kind to post one of her exercises for practice, and one of her spreads, not to complicated cause I am learning how to apply. That would be great, thanks

Just by what you posted this will be my next purchase, just for the book. I'm not crazy about the cards with the bubble thing, I find that distracting.

Lee

I think there might be copyright issues that would make posting exercises or spreads from the book inadvisable. I too am looking forward to receiving this set, both for the cards and the book!

magpie9

The bubble thing is supposed to be a crystal ball, and the images are a bit blurry in it. Nice images, though. I'd like them better if they were bigger. To me the value of the set is really the book. Really excellent, no extra verbiage, and the least confusing I've come across so far. Really helpful!

OK, so I'm weird. Lenormand confuses me. regularly.