Thoth Learning Resources

mercuryempress

Hi any suggestions on great Thoth Resources?

So far of course I have the DuQuette book but I've stumbled upon a youtuber DavidH071 that goes card by card pulling out and explaining all the details of the card which I found to be very helpful.

So I wanted to suggest to check out that channel for beginners such as myself because he went into details that the book doesn't go into.If there are any more great resources anyone else has to add it will be greatly appreciated

I've also ordered the Tarot handbook. I haven't received it so I can't comment on that one yet

Thank You

Nemia

I don't know David but i like Polyphonic Tarot. (I listened to David a bit - if only he wouldn't call a single sephira sephiroth! but he sounds interesting).

Thoughtful

l have the Book of Thoth, DuQuette and Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler books. l have found them all very good resources, mine are getting a little dog-eared now. They did help me enormously on my first outing with the Thoth tarot, and continue to do so.

l may just get the Snuffin to add to my collection, hint to my other half, Christmas is coming :laugh:

mercuryempress

I don't know David but i like Polyphonic Tarot. (I listened to David a bit - if only he wouldn't call a single sephira sephiroth! but he sounds interesting).
I think I've seen Polyphonic Tarot on my feed before but I've never clicked on any of his videos I will check them out. Thank you Nemia :)

You might find Snuffin helpful

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/thoth-companion/

Banzhaf's book sounds like more what you are looking for though.

Thank You Gregory I saw this on a review and it received a good review I will add this to my list

l have the Book of Thoth, DuQuette and Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler books. l have found them all very good resources, mine are getting a little dog-eared now. They did help me enormously on my first outing with the Thoth tarot, and continue to do so.

l may just get the Snuffin to add to my collection, hint to my other half, Christmas is coming :laugh:

Thoughful I have the book of thoth downloaded on my phone but I didn't get pass a few pages..I think I'll still get a physical book so I can have as a reference for DuQuette since so much of it goes back to the book seems like you need both....
I will add Banzhaf and Theler to my list as well
Thanks I appreciate that

EmpyreanKnight

I downloaded all of Polyphonic Tarot's Thoth video tutorials a while ago. Too bad he didn't finish the minor arcana. The last video was some time ago, I think. I hope he does finish it though, he's really good.

EmpyreanKnight

So far of course I have the DuQuette book but I've stumbled upon a youtuber DavidH071 that goes card by card pulling out and explaining all the details of the card which I found to be very helpful.

Yes I've been watching him too! He started with the Minir Arcana and the Court Cards, and since the start of the year he has been tackling the Major Arcana. I wish he would speed it up a bit though, he last finished The Hanged Man. But I should not really complain, his lessons are gold.

By the way, this is his website with detailed texts on the video tutorials he posted, anong other stuff. If you liked his youtube channel, you'd also love this:

http://www.esotericmeanings.com/

mercuryempress

Yes I've been watching him too! He started with the Minir Arcana and the Court Cards, and since the start of the year he has been tackling the Major Arcana. I wish he would speed it up a bit though, he last finished The Hanged Man. But I should not really complain, his lessons are gold.

By the way, this is his website with detailed texts on the video tutorials he posted, anong other stuff. If you liked his youtube channel, you'd also love this:

http://www.esotericmeanings.com/

Thank You :)

Zephyros

Both the Book of Thoth as well as the Book of Law are available for free, and are the basis for any Thoth study, once someone has the necessary base which Duquette provides.

As the for the Tarot Handbook... well, it isn't really recommended. But Duquette will give you everything you need to approach the Book of Thoth.

Barleywine

The Book of Thoth by Crowley (take a deep breath)

The Book of the Law by Crowley (take two deep breaths and keep the aspirin handy)

The Qabalistic Tarot by Robert Wang (correlates the Thoth, the TdM, the RWS and the Wang/Regardie Golden Dawn decks in one volume)

I have both of the Banzhaf Thoth books; Keywords I find useful, The Crowley Tarot less so.

I don't really have any use for Ziegler's Mirror of the Soul, and Arrien's much-panned work I've stayed away from.

Raven's tarot website (www.corax.com/tarot) has basic card-by-card information on the Thoth that I always found reliable but brief. The site is harder to navigate now than it used to be (you have to click the suits on the Card Meanings page and then use the drop-down at the left side to get to individual cards).

Paul Hughes-Barlow's supertarot website has much more complete stuff.