Six of Pentacles, when it means giving and when receiving?

kika_meow

Hi there! I just wanted to ask about the six of Pentacles, because this card (as many others) can have different meanings depending on the cards surrounding it and depending on the querent.

In the case of this card, I know sometimes it means that the person is wealthy and has so much that she/he can share with others. But it can also mean that he/she is being helped by others.

I know is very relative, but I just wanted to ask if you have particular examples to help me understand better when it means one thing and when it means the other.

Like, for example, the other day I pulled this card in a friend's reading and something told me it was he the wealthy helping others. But as we talked, I noticed that it could also meant that he was being helped by his mentors. So I got confused and I just explained to him that it could mean either both, but then I thought that it didn't sound like something that a very good tarot card reader would say lol

Thank you all for your help!

Disa

Do you mean the 6 of pentacles?

Grizabella

I think you must mean the 6 of Pentacles.

As far as that not being something a very good Tarot reader would say----a very good Tarot reader is honest with her sitters, so all you did was say what came to your mind and you were honest. That makes you a very good Tarot reader. :)

nisaba

If you use reversals, I tend to suggest is that upright is giving, and reversed is receiving (or needing to receive).

I don't use reversals: I tell the client what seems to make sense in the moment. "Giving or receiving doesn't just have to do with money. Being mentored is being given a gift. Mentoring someone is giving to them (and is also a gift to the mentor as well). Stand by what you said.

caridwen

Hi there! I just wanted to ask about the six of Pentacles, because this card (as many others) can have different meanings depending on the cards surrounding it and depending on the querent.

In the case of this card, I know sometimes it means that the person is wealthy and has so much that she/he can share with others. But it can also mean that he/she is being helped by others.

I know is very relative, but I just wanted to ask if you have particular examples to help me understand better when it means one thing and when it means the other.

Like, for example, the other day I pulled this card in a friend's reading and something told me it was he the wealthy helping others. But as we talked, I noticed that it could also meant that he was being helped by his mentors. So I got confused and I just explained to him that it could mean either both, but then I thought that it didn't sound like something that a very good tarot card reader would say lol

Thank you all for your help!

This card sometimes comes up when you receive charity. It's always about power and imbalance. You'll notice the scales are tipped and the person being given money is better dressed and less in need. It can sometimes refer to putting others' needs first, being taken advantage of, being in a non reciprocal relationship. Those begging can't give back.