Situations that can't be read

RainatDayBreak

i think everyone has that happen. first step make sure the question is worded correctly. second do a reading asking why you can't get an accurate answer on this subject. could be as simple as you're not ready to hear the answer.

Good idea! I will try that (ask why I can't get an accurate answer).

Maybe things are too unsettled right now to read.

That's entirely possible. Hopefully, I can figure out if this is the case by asking the cards why I can't get an accurate answer.

You say it may be because you're new and or unskilled. Do you generally read clearly for everything else you read about? How is this issue you're not getting any clear answers on different to the situations you do get clear answers on? X

It's not that I always get clear answers in other readings. For other readings, the answers are usually consistent, even if they're not always completely clear.

For this particular situation, the answers were contradictory.

RainatDayBreak

I agree with the High Priestess as an indication that something about the situation can't or shouldn't be known at the time. It carries the rather lofty implication "You are not worthy!" But I had a very interesting experience with it yesterday.

I did not know that the High Priestess has this meaning. This is very interesting, and, in retrospect, clarifies a reading I did a while back (not one of the problematic/contradictory readings).

SunChariot

Do you ever feel that there are certain situations that you just can't read? That is, every time you ask a question relating to a certain situation, your reading just doesn't make sense, or two readings asking different questions about the same situation or person will yield conflicting answers?

It's as if the cards are trying to tell you: Don't ask questions about this situation.

Does this ever happen to anyone, or do I just think it's happening to me because I'm a new/unskilled reader?

No. I think the cards CAN answer anything at all and there is no topic they can't answer on. On the other hand sometimes they choose not to/refuse to answer on a specific topic.

I had that happen a few times. Once I remember clearly was when a friend asked me to read for her on a specific topic. I don't remember any more what the topic was but I remember clearly the answer. The cards literally said they would not answer that question as she was not meant to know the answer right now. That there was something she NEEDED to learn from figuring it out for herself. Some life lessons for her she needed to learn on her own.

So that was just the answer, that nope the cards would not answer that question. She was not meant to be given that answer.

I told her that, as that was what I saw there and she said that 3 other readers had told her the EXACT same thing so far and she was hoping I would be different. If it came up 4 times, that WAS her answer. She was not meant to know what she asked right now.

But that does not mean the cards could not have answered. Just that they chose not to because it was better for her that way if they did not. At least the way I see it.

Babs

SunChariot

i think everyone has that happen. first step make sure the question is worded correctly. second do a reading asking why you can't get an accurate answer on this subject. could be as simple as you're not ready to hear the answer.

Now that IS a possibility! While I believe Tarot can answer anything at all, some questions are unanswerable if there is an error in logic to them. There can be a few kinds of questions that fall into that category. For example if you ask what your relationship with Joe will be like a year from now, and a year from now you will have left Joe behind and be with Sam...The cards can't answer that question, what your relationship will be like with someone if you will not HAVE a relationship with them at that time.

Or if you ask when you will start doing something, and if the truth is that you never will start, the cards cannot answer that and give you a timeline. But any question that contains an error in logic, the cards may well not be able to answer.

Babs

Cocobird55

That used to happen to me. After some digging, I noticed the questions were about medical or legal things. I learned that I shouldn't read about those, so I stopped. Haven't had the problem since. If someone asks me to, I refer them to a doctor or lawyer.

Grizabella

I think sometimes we're just not the means by which a message is to be carried when reading for others.

A good example of this is when a girl hits her teens. For instance, a girl is considering buying a certain dress. Her mother says, "Oh yes! That would look so good on you!" but she thinks "well, if Mom likes it, then it must be kind of old-fashioned" and turns it down.

However, if she's out shopping with one of her girlfriends, the same dress causes her girlfriend to say, "Oh awesome, that would look so cute on you!" so she'll buy the dress. The dress was the same but the messenger was different. Sometimes we aren't meant to deliver certain information because it won't carry the same weight as if another method brought it. Maybe the person needs to actually walk through and experience the situation by"doing". Sometimes we're just not the right source to bring the message with the same clarity and import that another method of delivery would bring.

nisaba

The simple answer is no.

But would the client know what to do with the information once they had it? Perhaps that is the real question.

Simple

Yeah, it happens to me in two ways and both of them are my faults. Either they give me an answer that I really dread and absolutely can not accept, the reading just become nonsense or I draw a High Priestess as outcome card. In the first case, obviously, I know the answer, I just haven't accepted my hunch. In the second case, I try to content with things aren't meant to be told and leave it at that as the cards will just give nonsense reading if I force the answers. I think it's best to leave it for sometime and have someone else reads for me for that question instead (if I still want to know and don't want to just wait)

Solgaleo

Do you ever feel that there are certain situations that you just can't read? That is, every time you ask a question relating to a certain situation, your reading just doesn't make sense, or two readings asking different questions about the same situation or person will yield conflicting answers?

It's as if the cards are trying to tell you: Don't ask questions about this situation.

Does this ever happen to anyone, or do I just think it's happening to me because I'm a new/unskilled reader?

As a new/unskilled reader, I can answer your question, I think.

See, I have trouble reading a lot of times because, since I'm new, I constantly doubt my ability to read things correctly, and usually do multiple reads if I don't understand it the 1st time...rewording my question, or attempting a different spread. Experienced readers will generally tell you not to do this, but to instead focus on the cards, where they are in relation to the others, etc..., and more feel than look for a concrete meaning.

I have a little chart I keep for reference to what the cards generally mean, and I've immediately come to find relying on it to understand is almost a joke at times, especially for more difficult reads, simply because the answer will almost never be as concrete as what's written on a paper. Don't get me wrong, the chart IS helpful, but nothing you can read physically about the cards are going to tell you a meaning 100% accurately in this: they point, but they don't tell.

I've also come to find that when you read yourself, it is VERY important to finish the spread BEFORE you start trying to gather a meaning. Trying to understand things and read as you go will more than likely throw off your results, though not always. To steal a few words from the big screens:

"Every time you look at the future, it changes...because you looked at it."

This is why I will take the time to point out that on here, I've seen a lot of far more experienced readers say 'I don't believe in predictive tarot'...because I feel like when you look and attempt to use the messages you see to make changes to yours or someone else's future, or when you're trying to dissect your reading as you lay down each card to look for a meaning as you read yourself, that the future has already changed. I can't speak for them if anything like this is their reason, but that's my best reference as to why it's difficult sometimes.

I can't say for sure if there are or are not situations that can't be read, but I can say for sure that there are situations where you won't be able to get a good reading. I'm not going to limit myself to just those two examples: Environmental factors such as trying to read in a busy place or trying to read in a place that has a lot of stray energy may throw it off or make it harder to read [that's why most readings are private and in a clean, blessed space]. Emotions [yours or the person's you're reading] can throw the read off, especially strong ones, and even more especially strong, negative ones. Lastly, spirits have been known to cause issues with reads too (I've read posts about people seeing them during their reads due to their intense focus, and though it hasn't actually happened to me, I'm sure they truly can be distracting, even if they're not malevolent ones, because you'd probably not be used to seeing them and their presence will break your focus)

I will also say it's good to have something like selenite [a cleansing stone] on your person and candles [most of the few experienced readers I know use white candles because white is a cleansing energy, but I've been favoring purple ones lately...if you believe in this, purple represents the crown chakra and is supposed to help you focus on divinity/the universe better. It's also the highest vibration the humans can see with the naked eye, and higher vibrations are supposedly better vibrations...I'll get into this part privately if it's piquing an interest, cause I digress right now] and, if you're still doubting the area, a prayer [I'm not an atheist, but my view of religion is...complicated, so usually I go with my next method if I'm still holding doubts after the candle lighting] or to burn some white sage or cedarwood to cleanse the space further

If anyone contradicts what I've written, they're likely correct, as I'm also new, but I hope this turns out to be more helpful than confusing, at the very least. That being said, that's about all I've got. Good luck!

ficbot

When I was pregnant, I got the tower card in almost every reading I did. It was telling me everything would change and that I just had to wait and see :)