View Single Post
Citizen

JackofWands 
Citizen

I suppose part of my difficulty is derived from the fact that I don't practice magick, so the use and symmetry if the tree for those purposes really don't apply to me. I use the Tree of Life much more as a tool for introspection, and I'm that sense--without a magickal grounding to make it seem consistent--the Kircher tree just looks and feels fundamentally imbalanced to me. It's so inextricably linked with one model of the human psyche, which I feel is only partially applicable and by no means complete.

I do agree with the usefulness of working from a common model--any kind of symbology is essentially useless if it's not consistent with the outside world, unless you're confident that your work is exclusively personal and will never need to be seen or interpreted by someone else. This is the reason I've kept Kircher around for as long as I have. But honestly, the glyph doesn't work for me, and I feel that if I'm going to use it, I would need to balance out some of its asymmetry by simultaneously working with a complementary Tree (e.g. the Lurianic).
Top   #5