Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Zephyros

Amazing. The card just screams "Mercury in Sagittarius." I also like how on the site the backgrounds of the cards is in the same cream color of the Majors edition.

And the Ten of Wands is gorgeous! Really comes to life in color!

Nemia

Just amazing. I'll start saving up now. I have to have this deck. It looks as though it jumped from Zeus' head complete: intelligent and wise, ready for action and purely beautiful. Unique and in a class of its own.

starlightexp

Btw Has any one from the major publishers approached you about printing the deck? Just curious

Alta

Your website is joy to read.

Babalon Jones

Thanks to you all for taking the time to look and to comment!

And to answer starlightexp, nope, no publishers have come calling yet. But I haven't looked into it. I assume that one has to approach them first though I used to think, "if you build it, they will come" haha.

Last night I was exhausted (thanks, Monday :rolleyes:) fell asleep early, so no painting got done after work. Tonight though, Love comes to town :) (And by that I mean the Two of Cups will get started!) ;)

On schedule to have the paintings done by the equinox if I can keep up the present pace...

daphne

Btw Has any one from the major publishers approached you about printing the deck? Just curious

Maybe we should lobby for it to some publishers. This masterpiece really deserves to be out there in large, high quality and for long in-print printings.
Long live TM colored and b/w too!

wooden-eye

Oh yes- we should lobby, but only if Babalon fancies it.
These new and colored cards are so wonderful and i love seeing your workspace. You work at a similar size to me. It is just right for tarot- space for all the detail you could want and small enough to get the composition right for a card deck and get the scale right.
I have the nox et lux, so I know and greatly admire all the cards, but methinks the colored ones are mindblowing.
Keep going. Do you have some juicy astrologically significant date in mind for the release?🔥

Babalon Jones

Oh yes- we should lobby, but only if Babalon fancies it.
These new and colored cards are so wonderful and i love seeing your workspace. You work at a similar size to me. It is just right for tarot- space for all the detail you could want and small enough to get the composition right for a card deck and get the scale right.
I have the nox et lux, so I know and greatly admire all the cards, but methinks the colored ones are mindblowing.
Keep going. Do you have some juicy astrologically significant date in mind for the release?��

It is a good size, fits in a scanner too. (Much better than when I did the Rosetta and painted card size! That was just silly; I didn't know better and by the time I figured it out, didn't want to start over.)

No date chosen yet, but that's how I roll so, hopefully there is a good astrological election around the time it will be done! :)

As far as mass market publishing goes, I'm for it just because they could get it out there where people might actually find it!

But it would have to be good quality and done well (no on beer coaster or credit card stock and no giant ugly borders would be my requests).

I'd want to still be able to do my small editions though (like the Nox et Lux of 418) with the handmade touches, as though it is a ton of work to do stuff like the ribbon box linings and embossed booklets, I find I actually enjoy it! It is weird but I find assembling a couple of hundred fancy somethings kind of satisfying. And it allows for something one is unlikely to find in a mass market edition.