"Pimp my Rider!"

AJ

Nisaba, I'm not covering the whole cards, lord forbid. The whole effect would be lost and I'd just get the effect of a super laminated printing. I added some Sharpie permanent ink penwork today. Almost done. I'll have to revive this thread if I ever get back home and see if the scanned images will show properly.

(edited to remove my photo ;) )

Kissa

OMG!!!! nisaba is here!!!! Congrats, sister, you truly are one "wild decadent bad-influence-for-young-tarot-generation crone" now :)

On the other hand, you will soon become the nearest craft supply store owner's best friend...

I just got the itch for a new project: that nasty Old Path is going to get silver accents everywhere since I was shtupid enough to trade my rare silver version maaaaany years ago.

ETA: after too many golden projects in a row, time for some silver!!!

nisaba

<grinning at Kissa>

Well, the black went on, and the blue, and I'm halfway through the gold. Only two cards got a lot of black: the Tower and Death. Death's armour and his flag, to be precise. I never noticed that the scene from the Moon, with the two towers, in the background until I started touching it up (the sunrise behind the towers got some gold).

With the Eight Pentacles, I only golded the pentacles that were hanging up: the one leaning against the bench and the one lying down I left plain, and the one he is working on I half-golded. No, it's not about overworking everything, it's about picking out what you want to, to bring the rest of the card to life.

Kissa

Indeed this whole pimping thing makes you see details in the cards that you were completely unaware of, even if you have been working a lot with your cards (which, let's face, it is highly improbable otherwise poor decky-deck wouldn't have ended up with a pimping sentence).
The connection built up during handicraft project is a special one, methinks.
Kind of a "whole body experience" and regions of your brains that might not be so solicited during traditional card manipulation get do participate as well.

And again (I used to hate agreeing too much with nisaba but things have changed now that she's a PIMP :-D ) it is not only about making the deck prettier but also about showing your meaning for that card in a clearer and more obvious way (AJ made that nicely with the Saints). I've enjoyed pimping Devils so much this far... Adding chains, borders for boundaries etc.

Now nisaba my dear, you get to these friends of yours (the ones who own a scanner) and you show us a bit of your homework, deal?

Couldn't do the Old Path yesterday. Sun is shining already and i like working in daylight the best soooooo....

nisaba

<laughter> There is more to do.

(Thanks the Gods it's only a RWS!)

canid

nisaba said:
<grinning at Kissa>Only two cards got a lot of black: the Tower and Death. Death's armour and his flag, to be precise.

Oh good! I was at the Gemboree yesterday with no computer access & I suddenly thought about you doing your decks. I remembered that I was going to suggest that you don't have to cover every square inch of the card with glitter, to strategically place it. Like highlights on clothes, hair, etc. But I guess I didn't have to.

Kissa

canid said:
Oh good! I was at the Gemboree yesterday with no computer access

Oh! Did you happen to mention to the people around you "damn! One of my online friend is pimping right now and i forgot to warn her not to overdo the glitter stuff!" LOL

canid

Kissa said:
Oh! Did you happen to mention to the people around you "damn! One of my online friend is pimping right now and i forgot to warn her not to overdo the glitter stuff!" LOL

Haha! Just Chloe, but she's 12.

nisaba

canid said:
Oh good! I was at the Gemboree yesterday with no computer access & I suddenly thought about you doing your decks. I remembered that I was going to suggest that you don't have to cover every square inch of the card with glitter, to strategically place it. Like highlights on clothes, hair, etc. But I guess I didn't have to.
It's always possible that at that very moment I was hunched over cards, applying gold to Cups and Pentacles everywhere, as well as nearly all crowns (I chose not to glitter up the Four Pentacles and Tower crowns) and any angelic hair that was blonde ... gah - you should see my Judgement card: it's *very* glitzy, and looks *fabulous* in a cheap whoring kind of way! I'd be suitably afraid of any angel that manifested at me looking like that.

I deliberately didn't buy enough colours of the glitterpaint to do everything, knowingly.

The deck is already one and a half times as thick as it used to be, and well over twice as heavy. That glitter is not light! It dries disappointingly - it keeps its glitter but loses its gloss. I will have to see if I have some artist's varnish in a gloss - I know I have a matte varnish somewhere, but I'm not sure about gloss.