Salamanders, butterflies, etc

Abrac

It would be nice to see the cards but I'm very happy to have those descriptions Mary provided. The King and Knight are reversed in Westcott. For example, what he calls "King" is "Knight" in the Wang deck, and vice versa. But all the symbols are there in Wang deck.

Richard

No matter what's called what, Knights are horseback riders. Regardie-Wang calls them Kings merely because they have the highest rank among the courts. I think it is an unfortunate choice of terminology. It is more common to use King or Prince to refer to a non horseback male member of the court.

In the Tarot Illuminati Knights are called Princes. That shows a profoundl disregard of standard terminology.

Teheuti

It would be nice to see the cards but I'm very happy to have those descriptions Mary provided. The King and Knight are reversed in Westcott. For example, what he calls "King" is "Knight" in the Wang deck, and vice versa. But all the symbols are there in Wang deck.
I don't use the Wang deck. I use the GD attributions of King=Prince (seated in chariot) and Knight=Knight but is consort of the Queen. This is also how it is identified in Darcy Kuntz's booklet on the GD court cards.