Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Babalon Jones

Black and white versions of the numbered minors are done, and I'm about to start the court cards.

Once all the new cards are all done in black and white I'll post some of them as they look now before painting them; I think they will be a surprise.

It may be some time until I can get them all painted in color though, as like the b/w it us all done by hand and each one takes many hours. If there is interest in the meanwhile I might do a very small black and white full 78 card edition. Mostly because I want a b/w one too, being partial to black and white decks, and to pen and ink drawings and engravings.

Alta

I would be happy to have a 78 card B&W version while waiting for the coloured version!

Spiffo

Very interested.

X

Nemia

Very very interested! That sounds wonderful, the deck is fascinating.

inanna_tarot

Id buy a black and white deck :D

starlightexp

Black and white versions of the numbered minors are done, and I'm about to start the court cards.

Once all the new cards are all done in black and white I'll post some of them as they look now before painting them; I think they will be a surprise.

It may be some time until I can get them all painted in color though, as like the b/w it us all done by hand and each one takes many hours. If there is interest in the meanwhile I might do a very small black and white full 78 card edition. Mostly because I want a b/w one too, being partial to black and white decks, and to pen and ink drawings and engravings.

YES!! YES!! YES!!

JayBee

Chalk up another yes vote!

Babalon Jones

YAY! It makes me so happy that other people like black and whites too. I sometimes look at the minors and don't want to paint them just because I like that look. But I love color, too, so it will happen. Painting the colors is the fun part (except for the agony of choosing what color goes where).

I've been very disciplined with making sure to spend all the time I can on art, so hopefully soon the courts will be done too. Though I will lose a weekend to the dreaded tax preparation I've been procrastinating about. I keep putting it off to work on the art but I am running out of time.

Now I need to get going on those courts. I just need to find the mental equivalent of the "Dude's rug"; you know, that thing that ties the whole room together :joke:

Spiffo

YAY! It makes me so happy that other people like black and whites too. I sometimes look at the minors and don't want to paint them just because I like that look.

Wonderful ... it will make the 'set' something very special indeed. I adore my B&W Majors; there is something about them that awakens deep stirrings in me, like old B&W film noir movies. Oh but I also adore my coloured Majors too - they are like a psychedelic trip.

Cheers,

Babalon Jones

size of the 78 card edition

The full 78 card deck will be smaller than the Majors only set for ease of shuffling. (For reference, the Majors set is 4 inches by 6.25 inches, a little larger than a postcard)

What I am thinking size wise for the 78 card deck is approx. 3 inches x 4.75 inches. For reference, this is about the same length as "standard" tarot size but is about a quarter of an inch wider. I think this size would show the art better. However, if people think that slight extra width would not be a good size to handle, it is easy enough to change the size to standard (which in inches is approx. 2.75 x 4.75 and in millimeters is 70x120)

Just wanted to check in before doing the work of creating the borders. Do you feel 3 inches by 4.75 inches is a good size? In millimeters this is 76x120.

Thank you!