Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

rwcarter

I'm fine with that size, which is only 10mm wider than a Lo Scarabeo deck for comparison.

Spiffo

3 inches x 4.75 inches sounds good to me.

earthair

I did some market research on this thread- http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=231589 No-one mentioned width as a factor!

Personally I would go slightly bigger to 12.5cm height for your cards to see all of the detail?

Also add me to the list of people who are interested in a B/W version please!

Alta

That slight difference would not matter to me, whatever the majority want is fine.

Babalon Jones

Awesome, thanks to all who replied. I think it is a good size between detail and shuffle ability.

earthair, thanks for posting your poll results. As to going to 12.5 com, I think 12cm is the max length I really would want, speaking for the population of small handed rifflers :livelong:

Babalon Jones

hey, progress is being made. I am working my way through the court cards. Simultaneously I am writing the companion book and getting quotes from printers and researching and worrying about attempting crowdfunding.

It is like juggling, only I can't juggle :p

A question for your opinion is around boxes. In my dreams the deck would have a two part box made of thick sturdy high quality card board. Two part but a tight fitting cover so you could throw it in your bag and have it be safe or display it and have it be pretty. What I imagine though would be too costly. My imagination is always better than reality.

What I could do is a two part box sort of like a game box. Not as nice as what I had in mind but nicer than a tuck box? (debatable) It is certainly more expensive than the tuckbox for Rosetta, which was a side opening clamshell type of tuck box.
I have a feeling, that no one cares about the box. Is that true? I mean, I think the cards ahould have one, but likely no one cares am I right? Or would a nicer box be a plus?

I also need to decide about whether to include a LWB. I am writing a full size book and am not all that motivated to chop it into a LWB. I do have the text of the LWB from the Majors only set, so could use that as the LWB but again that increases cost of the deck and does anyone care about a LWB? Did anyone who bought the Majors set even read it?
on the other hand, my minors are pretty unique compared to everything else out so while I know they can stand alone the full size book will really enhance them. how to do that in a tiny little book though...

Alta

I keep my decks in their boxes and don't like not having one. Cost is a factor of course. I would pay a little more for a nicer box but you would have to please most.

Re the LWB, I can wait for the full book.

Bluefeet

My vote goes to the clam shell box and companion book option! Better presentation is a plus but not essential, a conventional tuck box is totally fine too if cost is an issue.

Both crowd-sourcing and pre-ordering seem to be popular fund raising methods, good luck with whichever you choose to go for!

starlightexp

I also vote for no LWB, if there is a full size one then let people that want get both. I don't think most buying decisions are made based on the inclusion of one or not. The box is up for grabs I do LOVE a good box, but I never use the original boxes for take-n-travel. I always put them in a nice bag and store the box on the tarot shelf.

Oh and I'm good with the slightly larger size

Rose Lalonde

I'd vote clamshell box without LWB (since there's the full book), but if it came in a tuckbox, it certainly wouldn't stop me from buying.

By the way, I think your Ace of Cups is particularly brilliant. It's a beautiful card, especially the color version with ruby crystal, and I love the organic way you incorporated the point and crown.