transiting saturn conjunct natal uranus

star-lover

anyone got any thoughts on this?

this has happened already in recent past to me - my uranus is in leo in my 12th and uranus is quite a strong planet in my chart as it is exactly sextile mercury my chart ruler, (i think mercury and uranus have so much in commmon and work well) also my moon and sextile my venus too and trine my jupiter

ive been a bit depressed recently and had a conflict within me about real life and a possible different future - and i think this reflects it but im not sure why? is it because i want to stay on the side of saturn or because my uranus feels really down - it feels like a catch 22 and i hate the fact im gonna fall down on the side of saturn because thats not me personally although im in middle age and it feels like thing to do - but i feel more uranian cos thats more my spirit if you like though saturn is a strong theme in my chart natally

its like t saturn is giving a good telling off to my uranus which might be ok in some respects but a bit of a damp squid in other respects

oh well its a transit it will pass i know

sweet_intuition

Ah transiting saturn conjuncting natal Uranus - A very touchy vibration.

Under the most favorable circumstances, brings practical application of originality ands genius. Under least favorable circumstances, calls forth the worst of temperament, self-indulgence, kicking over the traces.

In any case, a period of tension, in which the individualist in you fights against the world for expression along one line or another. To translate this from the purely persona, egotistical plane into one of mental or artistic creastion is to insure the development of your individualism smoothly and progressively for a long time.

To submit to it's weaker side is to store up lessons that will have to be disentangled later.

Hope this helps :)

star-lover

thanks very much
i feel its a battle between my individuality and society and family expectations at the moment and its very frustrating i feel i could lose my self for good if i just cave in and accept the status quo and what the *norm* is supposed to be though i know that norm is a pile of cr**** really

i will try see if i can put it to good use somehow so i wont look back at 65 and feel so bitter and resentful you could just put me to sleep for my own good and others lol

in a little while when saturn goes into 8 virgo he will be on my ascendant and first house and im not looking forward to that unless i ve pushed him there with my own dreams and stuff and be successful for my own self - otherwise will be another bloody dsyfunctinal living tyranny lol - fingers crossed - both sat/ura are in my 12th and i feel its really important i mean really important now to sort stuff out otherwise i KNOW i will pay for it for rest of my life

dadsnook2000

Saturn -- he's the guy that writes on walls.

Saturn is the guy that writes on walls. Its hard to ignore his messages. With this transit thru your 12th house as well as over your natal Uranus, you have a double dose of medicine to swallow.

Saturn in the 12th points out that you have to change things in your personal areas of life, or that you may want to consider dropping or thinning-out some obligations and long-standing traditions. Depression with Saturn moving out of the 12th towards the ASCendant is common. For some it points to having ignored the processes of Saturn cleaning out the 12th house. For others it relates to knowing that you have avoided something. Normal depression can be seen as a self-imposed "downer" as a response to not recognizing the inevitable.

On the other hand, Uranus being stepped on by Saturn is not comfortable at all. Uranus is our sense of individualism and uniqueness, the flag that we fly ahead of us as we venture into new areas. Uranus in the 12th links you to great causes and panoramic understanding of social issues. The personal values you have are linked to these -- and Saturn is more of a constricting, personal and relationship level force, less of a real outward facing social force. True, Saturn gives us a "posture model" as to how to behave in the outer world, but Saturn itself is not much of an "out-there" kind of guy. As I said, he writes on walls but he doesn't inspire the masses, doesn't like change that comes from crowds and undefined sources.

Now put these two forces together. You are being pressured to undergo a personal cleansing, getting rid of old friends, posessions, habits and parts of a life style that isn't as well tailored for you as it once was. On the other hand, you may not be able to effectively support or seek some of the individualization processes or projects you were involved in or wished to participate in. This, I suspect, will be a major challenge for you; finding out how immersed you are or can be in greater-than-you issues. You don't have the time, for some reason to deal with sorting this all out. Hence the depression.

One good thing about Saturn is that it likes order and boundaries. Perhaps a schedule of time, allocating so much to this, so much to that -- timewise -- would permit you some breathing room to deal with all the conflictions that are signaled by this transit. Rigidly sticking to a budget of time will also help to sort out priorities.

Everything you have expressed is "right out of the book" so to speak. At this point in your life you are seen as "experienced" and as an "available resource" who can step in to help others. Nobody seems to respect your time, and your need for your own time. Isn't this very Saturn-like? Budgeting time can also apply to setting rules for others in indirect ways. "No I can't take that on now because its more crucial that I continue this prior commitment." "Perhaps later when we can do a better job at this." Good luck. Let us know if we can help in some way. Dave

star-lover

just wanted to say thanks very much dave - really appreciate all that - theres alot there that makes so much sense and i will reread and reread till i digest it all - some big stuff there

hopefully transiting jupiter will help mitigate any of the harsher phases as its going to conjunct my moon this year and will be my jupiter return too

fresh new horizons either way i guess long as i keep doing my homework and grow up a bit lol

thanks again
x