Gamma explosion in the constellation Leo- what does it mean for us lions?

jlbvt

On March 29, 2003, in the constellation Leo, something
exploded--bright enough to see through small telescopes in brightly-lit cities. From what I can tell, the scientists think it will now turn into a black hole! In the middle of Leo!
Here is the link to the story. Does anyone know in what ways this will affect leos, or all of us for that matter?

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/10apr_grb.htm?list905755

HudsonGray

Wouldn't the time factor be enough to negate it? I mean, it takes 'light years' to reach our eyes on Earth, so this happened a good while back in the past, not just 'now', astronomically speaking.

Closer things like comets, those are in our own solar system and the light from them doesn't take years, decades, millenium to reach us so that's a different kettle of fish.

But that's just my opinion--others may have a totally different outlook on developments in the sky.

Minderwiz

If it had been one of the fixed Stars used by some Astrologers then there may have been some Astrological affects - for practioners of Horary or Mundane Astrology. However as you need a telescope to see the fireball - let alone the preceding star and it is some 2 billion light years away, we can assume that there is no significance.

Fixed Stars used by Astrologers are, as far as I am aware, ones that are visible to the naked eye. There are a few in Leo but unless one of them explodes Lions can sleep safely tonight

Astraea

Galactic Astrology

Within the extraordinarily wide field of astrology, there is a growing specialty known as galactic astrology. It was pioneered by the American astrologer, Philip Sedgwick, and is essentially the study of the astrological influences of deep space bodies and events. Unfortunately, Mr. Sedgwick does not have a website of his own, but his biography and a list of the books he has written can be found here http://www.patterns.com/Philip.htm In addition, a Google search on galactic astrology brings up many interesting sites related to that field.

Gerbear

HudsonGray is right. With the supernova being two billion light years away, it happened way before even the dinosaurs were on earth. The constellation at that time had completely different configurations. What was seen was a window on the distant past.
Any possible effects would come from the vibratory energy which was encoded into the Zero Point Field. That energy pattern is forever avaiable for interaction by every part of the universe. So, it would just add to the field, along with all the other events that happen all the time.

Astraea

The viewpoint of galactic astrology is that, even though events such as supernovae occurred millenia ago, the visual signature of their existence is just now reaching us -- and that intersection is what makes the event significant from the standpoint of its "extrusion" from the zero-point energy field. Human consciousness -- our perceptual field -- is ever the nexus of our world, which astrology endeavors to delineate in a symbolic way, based on actual celestial movements and events. This is why certain degrees of zodiacal longitude (such as those associated with ancient eclipses and other long cycles) have characteristic, repeating associations.

Gerbear

Thank you Astraea. You have a way with words that seems to be more lucid than my attempt. The main point I intended to make is that these events are happening almost constantly, in our indescribably immense universe. No one event stands out more than any other. Every event is equally valid as a source of information in the zero point energy field.

jlbvt

So, basically, this star isn't really one of the stars of the constellation Leo? Thank you all for your answers here! JOAN

paradoxx

Jupiter has been retrograde in Leo for quite some time, since it recently went direct combined with this energy now available for humanity to use i say that the constellation of leo has been given an extra charge of energy, expect the challanges of leadership to be addressed and focused on and eventually crystallized into a new form alltogether.

Minderwiz

Just one point - the article link says that the explosion occured in the constellation of Leo. Now there is a 'Zodiac' problem here. All though it does not make this clear, on reading the article I believe that 'Leo' is used in a sidereal, rather than a tropical context.

As people are probably aware from other threads the two zodiacs were identical in classical times but due to a phenomenon known as precession of the equinoxes they are now out of line by around 25 degrees. The tropical zodiac measures Aries from the Spring Equinox but this actually now occurs in Pisces. If there is a link between this phenomenon and Astrology it is more likely to affect people who are Virgo under the Western system. Although, as the article doesn't give an exact location it is possible that it occurs in the last five degrees of tropical Leo.