The moon as romantic potential..

PAMUYA

Hi there

I asked the cards if X is "the one"...

I got the moon..

I would take it the cards do not want to say..the moon is so much about mysteries and secrets that I'm also wondering if the card works as a warning sign..that some things are not unveiled yet...

I can see the moon as romance, but as "the one"? We do not see things clearly when the moon appears, we see what we want to see. Wait until the sun rises before making any decisions. The fog of "love" hides a lot of things.

tarot_quest

My experience with Moon and romance

I just really feel like posting my last experience with this card in the context of romance!

I met someone recently and before our first date, I got this card when asking if he would feel attracted to me, out of curiosity.

Turns out that this card CAN mean ''physical attraction'' since I and he felt it on our first date. He was already touchy and dreamy.

This card can talk of psychic connections and fantasies because I told him that I wanted to take things slow (to get to know him) and while we were not together, I felt his energy at distance and strongly felt that he wanted to have something physical with me. Turns out that when we met (second date), he tried to sleep with me and still wants to meet again even if he does not know what he wants (relationship or not in general).

Importantly, there is a problem when we communicate together (it's not that bad, but our energies are too different and it does not flow easily = something that you can't fix over time I assume). I also feel that he is very dreamy about ''us'' and it might be because he is a Pisces (related to the Moon card).

So this card means way much more than ''confusion''. Romance can be involved (and he was romantic) with a touch of fantasies and psychic communication.

mabcosmic

If I were to ask this of myself and pull the Moon as a card, I would take it to mean that I am deceiving myself and that my emotions are getting the best of me. If it were reversed, I would think it means that he is intentionally deceiving me.

I'm very surprised to see the Moon being interpreted as a romance card. IMO, the ten of cups would be a much clearer indicator.

Sushi

I've always taken the 10 of Cups as more of a family card. I'd rather see the two of cups for a relationship. The Moon does have some romantic aspects to it but it also carries a lot of fear and uncertainty. It's "L'heure entre chien et loup", the hour between dog and wolf, and refers to the moments after sunset when the sky darkens and vision becomes unclear, making it difficult to distinguish between dogs and wolves, friends and foe. While we're starry eyed about someone, and they look very attractive, we have no idea whether this is someone we can trust yet.

mabcosmic

I've always taken the 10 of Cups as more of a family card. I'd rather see the two of cups for a relationship. The Moon does have some romantic aspects to it but it also carries a lot of fear and uncertainty. It's "L'heure entre chien et loup", the hour between dog and wolf, and refers to the moments after sunset when the sky darkens and vision becomes unclear, making it difficult to distinguish between dogs and wolves, friends and foe. While we're starry eyed about someone, and they look very attractive, we have no idea whether this is someone we can trust yet.

Oddly, I see the two of cups as a card of hesitation, where a relationship is trying to form but hasn't. The other cards in the suit don't imply a relationship to me until the ten of cups.

Marsy

I just really feel like posting my last experience with this card in the context of romance!

I met someone recently and before our first date, I got this card when asking if he would feel attracted to me, out of curiosity.

Turns out that this card CAN mean ''physical attraction'' since I and he felt it on our first date. He was already touchy and dreamy.

This card can talk of psychic connections and fantasies because I told him that I wanted to take things slow (to get to know him) and while we were not together, I felt his energy at distance and strongly felt that he wanted to have something physical with me. Turns out that when we met (second date), he tried to sleep with me and still wants to meet again even if he does not know what he wants (relationship or not in general).

Importantly, there is a problem when we communicate together (it's not that bad, but our energies are too different and it does not flow easily = something that you can't fix over time I assume). I also feel that he is very dreamy about ''us'' and it might be because he is a Pisces (related to the Moon card).

So this card means way much more than ''confusion''. Romance can be involved (and he was romantic) with a touch of fantasies and psychic communication.

This is what the Moon has symbolized for me as well and I love seeing it in a romantic/feelings reading because it certainly is that certain attraction or some can say spark that you have for someone that you can't explain. It's just there but it's up to the person if they get the confidence or not to reveal it to them which is where the hidden aspect of the cards come in for me. The feelings are there but the hidden factor is that the person hasn't revealed those feeling to them and the other cards will indicate whether or he they will. However the Moon being feelings is certainly something that is good but it can be not so good if the person never express it and keep it hidden.

tarot_quest

I agree with you guys that the 10 of cups is a better indicator of official romances and stable relationships!

The thing is that he is confused about whether or not he is looking for a relationship so the Moon card applies well here. When I pulled the Moon before meeting him, I thought that this card meant confusion or fears from the past being unconsciously triggered by our meeting. I was very surprised to see that physical attraction was related to this card big time!

I don't think that I am interested to pursue something (for lots of reasons) but I can clearly see that this card is a big melting pot: romance, illusions, uncertainty, attraction, fears, psychic connection...

Also, I don't think that this card is a ''no go'' if someone gets it at the beginning of a relationship, but things have to develop and more light from the ''Sun card'' (or from other cards) should be present to lighten and clarify the relationship over time.

Laurelle

Moon can be a card of illusion like another posted said. Combined with the HP it maybe telling you that 1. the answer is unknown. 2. stop asking or 3. there is a soul connection of some kind, but it may never materialize due to timing issues or because things stay in dreams and subconscious.

Both HP and Moon are so subconscious.

As to is he the one? The Moon wouldn't tell me that. The Moon would say, "He's the one if you want to delude yourself."

For the "one" I'd rather see Lovers, World, Sun, many other would say that, .......but not the Moon.

elena_jaymz

Hi, to me it means he's "under your spell", like being under the Moonspell indeed ;) that is to say he's surely attracted to you, but I don't think this card points to someone being "the one". With the Moon nothing is what it seems, nothing is sure, after all it's a card about confusion, hidden aspects, fears etc so yes, he'd like to have sex with you, but he's not sure about having a serious relationship with you, so I'd say at the moment he's not the one.

tarot_quest

Laurelle and elena,

your interpretations are very good! But I don't understand how you got the idea if I asked whether or not he was ''the one''. I don't think that he is and I am not that interested, mainly because of communication issues.

I was just stump by this card because it EXACTLY reflects how the dating is going and as I said, it also points out to the confusion, attraction and a dreamy/Pisces state.

And yes elena, I feel that he is more under my spell than I am towards him.

I feel that I had a tarot moment when getting this card because it gave me way much more info than simply answering if he would feel attracted.