Reviving the Fairytale tarot study group ?

Xavier

(Original post below)

News: the studygroup has been revived! Yay!

For each card, we have decided to post, if technically and legally possible, the full tale (or a link to it) - and to restard the discussion.

The pace of the group with be relatively fast (but not furious), with several cards per week. Of course, all revived cards are open to discussion, even several weeks after their revival.

The following card threads have already been revived:

The Fool: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=63966
The Magician: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=66761
The High Priestess: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1872763&posted=1#post1872763

The full index for the study group, including those threads that have not yet been revived is maintained by Sulis and available here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=859302

See you there!

------
Original post:
Hello.

I am currently in the process of thoroughly studying the fairytale tarot (Magic realist).

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reviving the study group that started some time ago but is now as full of life as a dead snail.

My idea is the following :
* We start each card with the full version of the tale (if available and public domain - no copyright violation intended)
* We can then all jot down our analyses and random thoughts about the card
* I'd prefer if the pace was relatively quick for two reasons: I don't want the process to take two years and I fear people might lose interest if it takes too long (maybe what happened to the previous study group ?)
* If it garners enough interest and good ideas, I might compile a web page about our most interesting findings, so that everyone can enjoy our discussion in an accessible format.

Finally I have one question: is it ok to start a new group or is it more or less mandatory to continue with the previous one ? I'd strongly prefer to start a new one, because of the structure and because the previous one didn't get very far, but I don't want to if it's considered as really bad behaviour.

Please let me know if you would like to join such an adventure.

Take care,
Xavier

Liralen

Hi, I'd love to see that particular studygroup revived. It's one of my favourite decks, but it's been lying around for a while, and I would like to work with it again.

I'm not sure if it's okay to start a completely new studygroup, though.

thorhammer

The usual format is that you *revive* a thread that already has been started - if there isn't a thread for a particular card, then go right ahead and start one, just let Sulis know in a PM (include the link) so that she can keep the reference index up to date.

It's really interesting to keep on adding to old study group threads, just so that the information's all in one place and a newcomer interested in the deck can find everyone's comments easily.

\m/ Kat

Onyx

Despite my almost legendary fickleness for deck, I am drawn to be sure and get the Magic Fealist Press decks. I was reading with my Victorian Romantic deck and it told me to get the FairyTale deck next so today or tomorrow I will be ordering one.

I unable to commit to anything at least untill I get the deck but I would agree that a quick paced study would be the way to go. The biggest factor is leadership. Someone who is focused enough to move us along when its time.

Onyx.

DaisyDragonfly

I'm interested. :)

I love the deck and loving the ancillary study it's bringing about: I now know more about Little Red Riding Hood then I did before ('Little Red Riding Hood is the evening, with its scarlet robe of twilight, who is swallowed by the wolf of darkness, the Fenris of the Edda.' Now there's something to think about when you draw the card).

Plus, it's pretty. So I'd love to be part of its study group.

cardlady22

I'll be popping in when I can!

Onyx

Okay I ordered it

I was thinking about it all day at work and I decided to break down and get my copy. Amazon.com only had three left (and though they promise more are on the way, I know better!) It won't even ship for a week. So hopefully in a two weeks I will get my copy.

Onyx.

Xavier

Thanks for your interest.

So there would be at least five of us who would be interested to participate.
I think we can do something with that.

I'll post something more detailed tonight (european time) so that we may begin (again). And, we'll build on what has already been done with the existing study group.

Take care.

Sulis

Moderator message

Hi Folks,

I've added this thread to the Fairytale Tarot index thread:http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=859302

Please let me know by PM when you start any new threads so that they can be indexed.

Thanks,

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

Onyx

It would seem that the first order of business for this study would be to find public domain versions of the stories.

I was thinking that even if I don't have my deck yet I could still contribute my take on the story and the card inages since they are on line.

My major set back right now would be to find a list or index of the stories to find.

The companion book only has abridged versions of the stories right?

Onyx.