OSHO Zen Tarot Study Group: XI Breakthrough

Indigo Rose

"The predominance of red in this card indicates at a glance that its suject is energy, power and strength. The brilliant glow emanates from the solar plexus, or center of power on the figure, and the posture is one of exuberance and determination.

All of us occasionally reach a point when 'enough is enough'. At such times it seems we must do something.......if you are now feeling that....allow youself to take the risk of shattering the old patterns and limitations that have kept your energy from flowing."
Osho Zen Tarot by Osho

I love this card. If feels very liberating...not at all stable like the traditional "Justice" card. Despite this there is a strong sense of justice in the liberation....like it's only fair to the Self to break out of old patterns that keep us stuck.

Peace
:heart:

squeakmo9

Yes, with all that red, looks like active Martian energy, you making things happen, within and now without.
I forgot this was "Justice", there seems to be a need to go beyond the veil and make a break for the better.
Could be a case of having all the pieces fit, and somehow attracting new options as well.

Judith D

It was difficult to see any comparison in the card Awareness to the traditional Chariot, and it is also difficult to see any comparison here to Justice, which seems calm and strong and very centred. Awareness felt to me like a personal inner struggle, and this card Breakthrough is bold, angry, forceful - breaking the outer barriers. It is all angular - no curves, no softness. If Awareness broke the veil into your inner spiritual life, this card is breaking the barriers you have put up around yourself, on the outside. The brilliant light from the solar plexus is personal power - breaking the mould, pushing - no, bursting the envelope, shattering illusions. I prefer to whittle away at things more quietly, but I cannot deny that this view of power and urgency is one I probably need more of!

Master_Margarita

Wow. This is a powerful card of transformation that seems to bear no relation conceptually to the "Justice" of the conventional Major Arcana of RWS and most other decks. I think the author/artist felt this idea had to be conveyed, and this was the best place to put it.

The use of "karma" to describe the Change card suggests that they were sliding some of the concepts traditionally addressed in Card XI. into Card X. It also seems like it has some of the energy that I usually associate with the Tower, only somewhat more positively expressed.

I do like the comments about this card's quirkiness in conjunction with the Awareness card.

Sanctum_Priest

There are just a few cards that map to traditional tarot meanings and this is not one of them, but that's good because the deck is true to the themes of Zen without force-fitting to Tarot. This card chimes well with more modern psychology:
"It is the greateatest adventure in life to go through a breakdown consciously...But without facing this danger nobody has ever become integrated, nobody has ever become an individual, indivisible."