LS Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

Cerulean

Quite honestly, I am willing to pay.

...I do think a writer should be fairly compensated if that is the problem.
If the writer/LS agrees they could sell it for what seems to be a fair price, their normal booklets of 80 pages or so with nice cover and some text illustrations or card scans might cost $15-20. If it's a pdf of some substantial amount, is there a fee that would be fair to pay?
(It was wonderful of Paul Huson to allow a free download of extra information for the deck known as Dame Fortune last year, but I understand if the business decision is this should not be always expected, in the case of the Mona Lisa.) I remember also that long ago I was so hoping that the text that Giordano Berti had written for the Lo Scarabeo Dante Tarot would come out, but it never did--and now that beautiful deck is out of print and there's only the outline of what might have been on Berti's website.
I do understand time and attention might be best for new products...but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Mona Lisa is absolutely a beautifully intriguing deck. Thanks to Lo Scarabeo though for considering it--I just was hoping for the anticipated text in the end!

Cerulean

gregory

I THINK they have pretty much given up on this one, as it is so long since the deck came out..... I thought it started out that Mark was too busy, and then it sort of just slid.... I didn't think it was a money thing. I'm quite sure LS would not LET that be the issue.

Metafizzypop

Considering the unknown situation of this book ever coming out, I decided to pull out my Mona Lisa Tarot and do a reading. I just did a one-card draw. I asked what the possibilities were of the book for this deck ever coming out.

I got the Hanged Man.

::sigh::

gregory

Funny you should mention it; that was the tone of the email I got from Ric yesterday. You COULD ask Mark directly; he could maybe do it himself, if his contract allows - but LS is swamped with newer work and it is not exactly a priority for them (which is fair enough !)

Metafizzypop

Hi gregory. Well, I've become resigned to the idea that this book will most likely NOT show up on the shelves of bookstores within my lifetime.

But what you said about the reading I did is ironic.

gregory said:
Funny you should mention it; that was the tone of the email I got from Ric yesterday.

What this shows is that the Mona Lisa deck is giving good readings even without the book.

Funny how things turn out.

Onyx

Just thinking about how much I miss the nonexistent book and thought I would post my longing here . . . again.

Onyx.

Le Fanu

I wondered about this the other day...should I buy the deck and then one day soon see that there is a kit? It's looking unlikely.

Onyx

Le Fanu said:
I wondered about this the other day...should I buy the deck and then one day soon see that there is a kit? It's looking unlikely.

I think that the dream of the kit is very, very unlikely. I cling to hope that at best one day there might be an e-book or pdf download provided. I think if the sales of the deck were high enough they might push through the kit but it has been a couple of years and with each passing month it gets less likely. I think.

Onyx

MarkMcElroy

Never Say Never

Actually -- as I noted in an advertisement here on Aeclectic a while back -- the idea of a book for the Mona Lisa isn't dead.

In fact, it was one of four decks I put forward as the subject of an experimental book project I'm working with over on TheTarotChannel.com. (I'm writing my current Tarot book live, in public, and inviting everyone to comment, collaborate, and join in the fun.) The result will be an open-source book that everyone -- including you! -- owns.

The Lo Scarabeo Tarot won the vote, so it became the subject of the current experiment ... but, based on reader interest, the Mona Lisa might be next -- so stay tuned, I suppose. :)

Meantime: if you'd like to join and contribute to the Lo Scarabeo Tarot book, please do.

rwcarter

MarkMcElroy said:
The Lo Scarabeo Tarot won the vote, so it became the subject of the current experiment ... but, based on reader interest, the Mona Lisa might be next -- so stay tuned, I suppose. :)
How/Where/To whom do we express "reader interest"?

Rodney