Creating a vintage tarot deck ~ exact meaning? opinions please

LadyScarlet

I'm creating my first tarot or oracle deck (not sure yet) and I have about 25 vintage images so far. Do the images have to show an EXACT meaning of let's say -- the Queen of Wands?

The reason I ask is because I found this gorgeous image in the public domain and I want to use it as the Queen of Wands. Do I have to photoshop a wand? I've seen other decks where the image of the Queen of Wands is not 100% literally a queen with a wand.

Here is the image and it's in the public domain, I already checked:

goo.gl/umk5RM

What do you think?

Thanks!

reall

WoW! it looks fantastic!:)) you don't had to photoshop! but then you had to add some mark or text Queen of Wands etc but thats just my opinion! maybe better to go for oracle? in that case you have more art freedom?;))

LadyScarlet

Yes! definitely I'll add the text Queen of Wands. I don't have Photoshop but a very basic editing software which may do the trick.

But yeah isn't that a beautiful image?

Debra

She looks so quiet and withdrawn, I'm curious why you see her as the Queen of Wands.

LadyScarlet

Intuition-- she looks like a graceful diplomat. :)

HudsonGray

Would she fit better as a Queen of Cups? The Wands are energetic, the Cups are loving/tenderhearted/intuitive. I thought she looked more like that.

LadyScarlet

That's a very good point! I will definitely consider that. I do want each card to be as close to its energy meaning as possible. I really don't want to create something that's not going to resonate with anyone.

I'm looking at the list of major arcana and comparing it to different vintage photos I've collected over the years. Not as worried about the minor arcana.

You guys, thanks so much for helping me to think about different ways to look at the cards! :) Here are two options for the Lovers card.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/87/50/ba/8750ba9e6678738cc09492359a8571ab.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/vintage_lovers_poster-rf7fa6ff82925430d861c8de9f527e589_aw3jr_8byvr_512.jpg

reall

Oh? I like both?:)) maybe 1.bit more?:))

LadyScarlet

I've got one but I can't find a link and I can't attach the photo. :/