Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

rwcarter

sravana said:
Actually, if you did put "TdM Mania" in there, someone would probably PM me wondering where I found the Mania Tarot de Marseilles. ;)
}) Too bad there's not a ROTFLACMFBAO smiley. (And no, I'm going to explain that acronym other than LAC is laughing and crying.... :D)

Rodney

Faolainn Storm

I have been reconsidering my IDS for the last few days. So I have decided to renew my commitment for the new year. But I am still undecided as to which deck I want to IDS with, so the next few days are going to be dedicated to a series of IDS Deck Interviews. I have narrowed my collection down to my 10 favourites, and I have developed a spread for interviewing each deck (based on several of the new deck interview spreads from here). My current list is:

• Arthurian (Hallowquest)
  • Bright Ideas
  • Cosmic
  • Dreampower and Merlin (these decks are related and as I consider them both majors only decks - I refuse to use those horrible pips - I thought using the two together would be very insightful)
  • Druidcraft
  • Faery Wicca
  • Greenwood
  • Legacy of the Divine
  • Tarot of Dreams (I :heart: this deck so I'm willing to give it another shot - I think the failure during my first IDS was more my fault than the decks fault :| )
  • Transparent

I am going to start interview the applicants tomorrow and hopefully I will have a final decision by the weekend. I will report back when I do.

FS

Hemera

I got the Legacy yesterday and I really love it!
I´m IDSing at full speed. I have a Journal for the deck and one page for each card. I move freely and randomly from one card to another (instead of following any pre-set order) which I´ve never done before but it seems to work well.

rwcarter

Faolainn,

Interesting set of choices you have there. Intriguing idea about using the two RJ Stewart decks as Majors-only decks. I have both and all I can say is that at least the Merlin has an interesting arrangement of symbols in the pips instead of just a big honking number and color like the Dreampower....

I think all of those decks would make good study decks, and I know which one(s) I hope make it to the finals. ;) But hopefully you'll bond as well with the deck that chooses you in your process as I did with the Ancient Egyptian in my first IDS.

Rodney

SolSionnach

rwcarter said:
}) Too bad there's not a ROTFLACMFBAO smiley. (And no, I'm going to explain that acronym other than LAC is laughing and crying.... :D)

Rodney
:D
But you know that it's true! I know that if I read that I'd be all over whatever "new" TdM is out there!

Pitiful, I know. I mean, I have a Vieville and a Dodal. Why do I think I need any more TdMs?

Back on topic: I posted in the Vieville daily draws thread yesterday, and started breaking in my Vieville last night, and am about 1/3 of the way through. However, my thumbs are killing me, so I'm not going to do anything with it today. More on that later! It's time to clean off my DESK. ;)

DreamWalker

checkin in

Hi all... I am in full swing of studying my inner child cards... I am spending however many days is needed with each card starting with the Major Arcana... I moved through the Fool quickly (using traditional names to make it easier to communicate here).. I spent 5 days with the magician... Once I fully grasped this card, I had so much fun! My day kept exploding with more synchronicities and manifestations... Random readings, I was invited to an advanced tarot study group with our towns most well known reader... I even gave a LIVING tarot reading... I was working at our holiday market (I have a booth where I sell tshirts) - I was asked to give a reading to a 'potential couple'... I walked up to the guys booth and the way it was set up, with the symbolism and both of them sitting in there, looked like a 3-d tarot card, so I read them that way first... Then, As the 'magician', I stepped into 'their card' and proceeded with a reading with the inner child cards.. Their reading, although only 3 cards, was VERY insightful... I moved through it intuitively, quickly, efficiently (didn't spend too much time with each card)... It was sort of spontaneous with the layout as I've not read for 2 people at once...

Either way, the MAGICIAN presented itself and I felt the embodiment of this card... I really grasped it... Afterwards I thought, wow, I'm ready for the High Priestess... Before I folded up my cards I shuffled them to clear the energy and a card popped out - - - The High Priestess (fairy godmother)... Wow, Magician meets High Priestess... :)

So, here I sit with the High Priestess card... Its been almost a week... Again, I will trust that when its time to move on, its time to move on... She is definitely more internal, silent, quietly observing... Seems to know more than myself.. haha... She seems to move through emotion quicker.... Not getting so stuck.. understanding, intuitive... stern in a weird sort of way... yet, allowing others to make their mistakes...

Either way, i am seeing that studying by LIVING the cards teachings may take quite a while!

I think I might do a reading for someone today...

I also like to pull a card, feel its impressions, answer questions as far as color, number, lessons, teachings, energies, suit, etc... and then flip it over and see how close I am...

Hope you all are doing well... and THANKS for being here to go through this process with... It feels supportive knowing we are sort of on this journey together! :)

Blessings!

rwcarter

DreamWalker said:
Hi all... I am in full swing of studying my inner child cards... I am spending however many days is needed with each card starting with the Major Arcana... I moved through the Fool quickly (using traditional names to make it easier to communicate here).. I spent 5 days with the magician...
DreamWalker, you've gotten further with this deck than I was able to! Maybe it was my mindset when I tried (I wasn't actually looking at the deck for me, but trying to get a sense of it so that I could review it to someone else who was interested in it). Maybe it was the art. Maybe it was the fact that my Inner Child is buried so deep that he many never see the light of day again! :laugh:

DreamWalker said:
Hope you all are doing well... and THANKS for being here to go through this process with... It feels supportive knowing we are sort of on this journey together! :)
Yup. We're here for both the highs (which you've described) and the lows (which you don't appear to have hit yet, although some people would consider 5 days on one card to be a low).

Rodney

DreamWalker

Hi Rodney, I have talked to a couple of people who didn't resonate with the Inner Child Cards... When they were given to me, I didn't even know what they were called... it took me a bit to figure it out... I was drawn to the art first and turned off by the 'fairy tales'... The art, as it turned out was created by my childs art teacher and all these synchronicities started coming into play...

First and foremost though, the cards tiggered my intuition so much so that I had to listen clearly... For the first time, I didn't struggle with 'remembering' the traditional/technical meanings of the cards... Often times if not most times, my intuitions were in alignment with the traditional meanings... Even better!

I am amazed to see how much Fairy tales carry this esoteric symbolism within them that are so parallel with the Tarot... Its really interesting... Its as if they are two different systems of the same thing... Sort of like the Kabbalah and tarot are so closely related, so it is with Fairy Tales...

Although they seem childlike, they really just speak straight to the heart and are very mature in essence... Old soul quality...

Ok, ok, as you can see I am in love with this deck and I'll quit being biased, but I really do mean what I share! :)

and about spending this much time with a card - it is a low, so to speak, but one I am accepting because its brought on by a busy holiday season... I have had to incorporate the teachings into my daily BUSY routine... The busy time is somewhat waning and my desire to stay committed is great so with that said, perhaps it is that the Magician and the High priestess have alot to say about PATIENCE!

I look for them to manifest themselves within me and in my daily life... I know the cards on the surface... I am really looking to have dialogue and relationship with each 'person' and symbol in the card in a significant way... See each card as an aspect of myself... Feel a connectedness so that when it comes to reading for another, I can HEAR what each one has to say...

The night I spent with the Fool (haha, that could be taken many ways! hahaha!) I had such fond feelings and an understanding... That night, I slept with my deck... studying the card visually before closing my eyes and in my dreams, the card was actually lifelike... hmmm how to explain... It stayed 'flat' so to speak, not 3-d, but it had movement and an ALIVE feeling... It showed me these cards are keys to our inner world... KNowing and really GETTING IT are different things...

So anyways, since I've babbled away as if this was a journal, I might as well print it out and put it in my Tarot Notebook! ha

One thing about me, that you may start to notice, perhaps, is that I AM an eternal optimist... sometimes to my demise... and so I don't always perceive when I am experiencing a LOW, yet I can see where this may become frustrating if we don't move along... I'm 35 now, when I'm turning 40 and sitting with the Wheel of Fortune I may not be so optimistic! ...

I think I am tending to look at it as though, taking my time and patience is part of what the card has to teach - Whereas with the Fool, it was quick and somewhat hasty, yet insightfull at the same time... :) :) :)

I might also ponder that a 'lesson' of this card (H.P.) is to be careful of laziness... To get where I am going will continue to take perseverence, going within, and focus... I can't sit on the Priestess throne for eternity... *smiling

I sense it might be time, soon, to move on to The Empress... ahhhhh...

See you on the path!

rwcarter

Dream,

Now that I try to read the images, it might be an interesting experiment to see if I could read the Inner Child cards in a spread. (I did a pretty good job interpreting a reading done with the Tarot of Prague that I own but had never used before that.)

I'm glad that deck is working so well for you (at least so far).

Rodney

DreamWalker

Rodney, I recommend 'experimenting' from THAT perspective (reading images), also interweaving your 'learned' knowledge of the traditional Tarot... Its just added insight, imo... Although, sometimes when I do a reading, nothing traditional comes to mind, its all intuitive and thats that! Guess it just depends, doesn't it?

One thing that intrigues me with this deck is that it clearly tells a story... story within a story... Its not just individual 'tales' that embark their wisdom, but the journey through the cards tells a story as a whole...

Anyways, I wonder how much time one typically spends with a card during IDS... a day?

I guess I will just ask everyone/anyone---------- How long do you spend with each card during IDS?