Darkana Tarot Deck on kickstarter

tarotlyn

:heart::) i have just received my reply from Dan regarding his Darkana Tarot deck:

...start email...
Dan Donche
Thursday Jul 26, 4:17pm EDT
Hey Lynnette, I haven't received the shipping notification from the printer yet. That's all I'm
waiting for. Once they ship to me I will be posting another update, then when I get them I
will be shipping them out in the order they were purchased. :)
...end email...

Here is Dan's (Darkana Tarot Deck) Kickstarter page:
(he raised $5,920 for this deckwhen he only asked for $2,000)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/109454417/darkana-tarot-deck

And go here to read the 'latest comments' between Dan and his fans:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/109454417/darkana-tarot-deck/comments

Here he is on Facebook: (don't know if you can see this page though)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...88931853.84137.205107019557255&type=1&theater

Hopefully we will all be getting this deck.

:heart: HUGS
Lyn
p.s. i went to his facebook profile page and found that he had posted the following
words along with an image of a '6 of cups' card photo (which deck?) and here is what
he said: "6 of Cups - Someone from your distant past you thought you'd gotten rid of will probably find your ass on Facebook soon."

...another poster replied:
"i hope it is'nt mr secret agent man LOL LOL"

Then i replied with this:
"(Tarot Lyn) No...it's me and all the people on the AT tarot forum (tarotforum.net) waiting for their Darkana Tarot Deck they ordered...LOL"

:laugh: (sorry...i just couldn't resist posting that...HaHa...and i hope he doesn't hate me now!)
i may be the LAST one to get their deck...:p:bugeyed:

Shade

Haha I'm certain he won't mind. In case it helps, Dan was recently interviewed on the Beyond Worlds podcast and talked about how he really didn't know what he was getting into with this project, including choosing the $2,000 figure arbitrarily. This is a very indie project so I think it's very likely there will be some clunkiness in the execution of the printing. We have seen this before with other newbies (I'm thinking of the Sideshow Tarot in particular).

starlightexp

I thought he was rather rude. .

oh rather....

There is a fine line between being cocky and being a... well drop the y and there you have it.

kalliope

I agree that he should have updated the Kickstarter page to say that he's still waiting on delivery from the printers, especially since everyone is anxiously waiting delivery! But I don't get the impression that he's being shady in any way, or has been dishonest with our money. The decks were printed and shipped from the other side of the world (I can't remember exactly where, but he mentioned it in his interview on the Tarot Tribe/Beyond Worlds radio show with Donnaleigh), so I'm not surprised that they are taking a while to get to him.

Edited to add: I accidentally skipped the last few messages before I posted. I see that Tarotlyn says they haven't even shipped from the printers yet! Guess we need to be even more patient still, heh! Thanks, Tarotlyn, for checking for us and reporting back.

Shade, I got the same impression as you from the interview. He definitely sounded like he just jumped right in without a lot of information or planning, and maybe got a little overwhelmed.

vee

I get that, which is why my beef is more with the communication aspect than the timeliness. Life happens, man. Just be upfront about it! :) And don't be surprised if people who've given you money for promised goods get a little uppity when you go quiet.

ThunderWolf

I get that, which is why my beef is more with the communication aspect than the timeliness. Life happens, man. Just be upfront about it! :) And don't be surprised if people who've given you money for promised goods get a little uppity when you go quiet.

I've always said that any good relationship is based upon communication. ;-) (You wouldn't believe how many people close to me I drive crazy with piddling details just to keep the air clear! LOL)

Shade

He is the voice behind Inappropriate Tarot Readings though - it's not out of character.

shadowdancer

There is a further update on kickstarter. The printers ran out of the recycled paper, so there was a delay their end. Now being coated before being sent to Dan. SO may still be a few weeks yet, but he has updated to let us know.

Davina

jema

Well, I got a reply on the kickstarted comment and I don't really see it as rude. *shrugs*
At least we know it is still in the works and he didn't take off to Vegas with our cash :p

(and no i really didn't think he had...)

vee

I'm glad he sent out an update. I feel better about it now.

I think there's a difference between being rude as a professional gimmick (I love his Inappropriate Tarot readings) and being rude as a professional. However, given his updates and the information y'all have given about the overwhelming responsibility he must be dealing with, I can understand and forgive and now am just excited again. :)