Study Group Activity Ideas for 2010

Jewel

Kahlie, I am very sorry you are not comfortable bringing some of your ideas here again, but I respect and understand them. I really got a lot out of the previous exercises and work we all did together.

Dragonfae, excellent ideas!! how about we start with the Singers as they are deck specific and are an area many people have a little confusion or uncertainty with especially starting out with the deck.

I also loved the Faery day idea so think through that one too!

Keep the ideas coming, lets get this group moving again in the new year :)

Happy New Year to you all!

Love,
Jewel

faerylvr

faunabay said:
Ok well you know how AT does different holiday exchanges right? Well Jewel (and I too) think it would be a good idea to have a faerie exchange.

People sign up (of course), we pick a partner, then put a box together for them. Since it's going to be a faerie exchange the sky would be the limit with what you include. You could always add something faerie themed in there (a book, deck, statue, etc) but you can also add something the faeries have told you that person needs (a rock or stick :D, scarf, bracelet, etc)

What do you all think?

This is a fabulous idea...I understand now :) A little slow these days in a lot of things. MIL is just out of hospital (went in on Christmas Eve). Her house was sub-standard living when SIL and I went in to get it ready for her return home so has taken 2 days and all we actually did was get the living room emptied and sterile and a few things from her bedroom in there...it was that bad. Sigh. A faerie exchange and study group is just what I need :)

faerylvr

DragonFae said:
Just an idea....but what if we picked a "theme" each month to guide our studies...

Some ideas might include.....

Faery History....sharing tidbits about the faeries from some of Froud's books or from online or whatever....especially the ones used to create the deck.

Faery Stories....again folklore or stories related to faeries

The Singers....a month to explore this group of faeries and perhaps our own experiences with them

Faery Trivia month,...using Froud's Faeries....post small tidbits or things from the book and others guess or solve the question....

Faery Gardens....for those living in places where spring is in the air ...we could created faery gardens and share pics etc....these make cute little container gardens too

The Cards.....create an art journal; one month featuring a faery card image (printed from computer, sketched whatever) Each page features a faery of our choice and we collage or write or sketch or whatever the page "in celebration" of that faery

I'm sure there are other "themes" for the months we could copme up with. I'm not invested in any of these...they are just ideas to consider...

I like the Faery Exchange idea....sounds fun

Ohhh...see and I saw Faery Stories and thought we could each take the card we like the best and create a story around it... so maybe another month...

Also a Faery Journal (on-line) for each of us for the month...where we do our journaling about our travels on the group...

DragonFae

Oh....I like creating a story about the card faerylvr...that really appeals to me...I have a faery blog thats not oracle specific but I could use it...or the quest to share the story...hmmm great idea

I like the idea of starting with the Singers....they are the beginning and the end...a full cirlce...

Kahlie...don't know you or the history...but good luck with the fae...I feel as if I am missing a gem of info...from not knowing you...May the faeries bring serendipity into your life and bless you with the wisdom of the ancient faery realm!!!

faerylvr

Starting with the Singers is a great idea...healing and renewal...and now that 2010 has started...what a good time get started with them.

Alta

DragonFae, I also like your ideas a lot. And, I too would like a group exploration of the Singers as sometimes their song is clear to me and sometimes, so not!

Alta

AJ

You could each make a fairy door... someone is just slipping inside mine...

Attachments

• FairyDoor.jpg
    FairyDoor.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 98

faerylvr

AJ said:
You could each make a fairy door... someone is just slipping inside mine...

Ohhh...it is beautiful.

DragonFae

Oh yes...faery doors...that might be fun for a June focus....since Faery Day is June 24th

faerylvr

DragonFae said:
Oh yes...faery doors...that might be fun for a June focus....since Faery Day is June 24th

Hey that is a good idea... we could post research and pictures of doors that we find as well as the ones we make ourselves...