Rana's Deck

snowmoon

cool! the image of the mice, it seems bad.

Essjay

Rana posted a short unboxing on her Facebook and it looks lovely. The gold is gorgeous. I really like the Lebanese feel, the colours AND the extra man, woman cards. I feel this would be a great companion to her excellent book. I had said no more Lenormands but this has such a bright, romantic feel to it that I'll make an exception.

Vanitygrey

Rana posted a short unboxing on her Facebook and it looks lovely. The gold is gorgeous. I really like the Lebanese feel, the colours AND the extra man, woman cards. I feel this would be a great companion to her excellent book. I had said no more Lenormands but this has such a bright, romantic feel to it that I'll make an exception.

The deck looked amazing! I, too, said no more decks :( But the gold accenting is so beautiful.

Astraea

Does anyone know if it will eventually be available through Amazon? US Games' shipping rates are exorbitant - I would rather not commit to an $8-plus shipping fee by preordering through US Games.

Vanitygrey

Does anyone know if it will eventually be available through Amazon? US Games' shipping rates are exorbitant - I would rather not commit to an $8-plus shipping fee by preordering through US Games.

I'm wondering this as well. I check the website every other day to even see when it will be available. As of right now, there doesn't seem to be a release date.

Astraea

I'm wondering this as well. I check the website every other day to even see when it will be available. As of right now, there doesn't seem to be a release date.
Right, I check frequently also...am not on FB, maybe Rana has given a timeline there.

Asher

And it's here!

The postman delivered my Rana George Lenormand today! And it has been worth the wait!

It comes in a deep blue, sturdy, magnetic-closure box, illustrated with the Garden card. Inside, the 123 page book lies atop the 2 wells that hold the cards! A fantastic package to be sure!

The cards are gorgeous, reflecting Rana's Lebanese heritage. The colors are lovely and the images are clear and easy to identify. Thankfully, the cards have no titles, but do have small playing card insets and numbers.

Rana has included an extra Woman and Man card, as many modern decks do. She has also designed 4 extra cards, which you can include or not. They are Spirit, Incense Burner, Bed and Market. Spirit adds a card of spirituality, intuition and guidance, while Incense Burner is about cleansing and ritual. The Bed card is the sex card here, and removes all notion of sex/uality from the Whip and Lilies. Market does the same for work, taking away the work aspect of other cards. I like the Bed and Market and am anxious to try them out in readings.

The book is quite thorough and includes actual readings, as well as card descriptions and cultural notes.

This deck has leapt to the top of my favorite modern decks (and they are few, as I prefer historical reproductions of old decks). But the Rana George Lenormand is a deck I will love and use often. Rana has been my teacher, and is a dear friend and colleague, whose approach to reading and teaching Lenormand truly resonates with me. Just wonderful!