Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Zephyros

Wow, very nice. I do believe the images are actually getting better and better. I hope you'll release a black and white version for the complete deck like you did with the Majors.

Eyebright

Beautiful! I'm so excited for the full version! Just saving some pennies so that I can get the majors only version, oooh or maybe I could ask for it for Christmas :)

Mariah13

I really love the Ace of Swords; the perspective is wonderful. In fact, I like the way you've played with perspective in several of the Tabula Mundi cards (especially the Fool.) Since Aces have a Fool kind of energy, I think this works especially well!!

Good luck with the painting.

Babalon Jones

Thank you so much closrapexa, Bodhiseed, Eyebright, and Mariah13!

I just put up the painted version of the Ace of Swords in color.

And the best news, for me at least, is I have the nascent idea for the Ace of Disks gestating. That makes me want to get to the table! It is great when one card forms during the prior one. Love that feeling!

So onward :cool2:

Eyebright

Love it, can't wait to see the coloured version!

Babalon Jones

corrected Ace of Disks

I just uploaded a new version of the black and white Ace of Disks. This one has the Hebrew letters in the correct way, as in reading right to left.

When I first sketched the card I thought they looked more balanced the other way, left to right like English writing, for some reason. Not sure what I was thinking or why, it just seemed right at the time. Upon reflection I decided they should go the correct manner for Hebrew writing so I fixed them. Still looks pretty good I think. I saved both scans so I have it both ways now, though I'll probably scrap the first version and will paint the colors on in the right to left manner. What do you think, looking at the two versions? Matter to anyone but me?

http://www.tabulamundi.com/new-aces-ace-of-disks/

My day off today, so I hope to spend the rest of it painting. Maybe by tonight the color version will be complete.

Alta

I think it should go in the correct manner. I personally wouldn't notice but many who would buy the deck would find it too odd otherwise.

Zephyros

I agree with Alta. The reversed version stands out. Of course, I read Hebrew all day, but like other things, for those people who care about that it would look very strange. Plus it's a very important word.

In any case, wonderful card. :)