Dusserre Dodal Copy?

KhonsuMes

A friend of mine is selling a Robledo Dodal... that's a really nice one.

Yes, the Robledo 3rd Edition is very nice. It came in a wooden box too (though I forget now if that was an add-on option...).

DejaVoo

Contrary to what one might think, the Dusserre Dodal is not so hard to find.

I saw it not often but several times on ebay and sold at a very reasonable price.

Anyway it's not the only tarot of this type to be worth the buying.

Papesses by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

From left to right :

1- Dusserre Dodal & its odd spelling (ignorant or deliberate ? one of the mysteries of this enigmatic deck)

2- Fournier Payen neat and clear

3- Often dissmissed as a fake but better than its reputation the tarot des Centuries. It is less clear to the eyes because of the pale colours and the red a bit too dominant but there is an overall feeling of alive-ness.

4- The Dodal restored by Flornoy, less my taste

Thanks so much Phillipe...I'm going for the tarot des Centuries now. It is definitely looking like a cross between Dusserre Dodal and Payen to me. The artwork and colors really move me and can't wait to get it in my hands. Then I'm going to have to stop for a while...who would have thought I'd be bingeing on tarot cards? I'm really bad when it comes to collecting, I collect too much and that's not a good thing either. I'm blaming this purchase on Phillipe...HAHAHA!

gregory

This is the kind of headsup thread I shall miss SO much :(

DejaVoo

Awwww gregory....I know and agree with you!

I just also PM'd Yves about doing Cheminade and Feautrier and he said yes he's going to do those by 2019 because they are exemplary and can't be avoided!!

I'm going to be so looking forward to those and try to be as patient as I can. My mind won't be able to rest knowing that he's doing those decks...O M G!

So, we can just try our best to create threads over at Cartomancy and pick up where we left off on the best threads here.

Yves Le Marseillais

And also Jean Pierre Payen Papesse 1713

Thanks so much Phillipe...I'm going for the tarot des Centuries now. It is definitely looking like a cross between Dusserre Dodal and Payen to me. The artwork and colors really move me and can't wait to get it in my hands. Then I'm going to have to stop for a while...who would have thought I'd be bingeing on tarot cards? I'm really bad when it comes to collecting, I collect too much and that's not a good thing either. I'm blaming this purchase on Phillipe...HAHAHA!

Hello all,

Not to forget this one too:

Jean Pierre Payen 1713 La Papesse also.

http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/catalogue_payen1713.html

Yves

KhonsuMes

Oh no. Just saw the announcement.
Cartomancy is the site folks are going to?
I hope sincerely that the community can reassemble.
Going over to Talking Tarot to try to follow the news.

Best to all ,
Matt

KhonsuMes

In at Cartomancy with the same handle/name.
Do we have a landing thread for TdM and Historical fans?