'Signed' Conver deck on eBay

Diana

I would imagine that the reserve is 500 dollars. Or am I out of date here and the reserve has already been met?

I'll buy this deck in my next incarnation.

tmgrl2

The reserve has not been met and it doesn't say how much that is.

terri

jmd

16 ours and 56 minutes to go...

The 78th Fool

If you had all gone out and bought yourselves Lo Scarabeo facsimiles like I did, you wouldn't have these worries!
They look the same, have a wonderful plastic coating in the true spirit of the 1760's and come in a full colour box - I BET YOURS DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though! Good luck to anyone who's bidding - It would be a truly beautiful acquisition.

Chris. xx

tmgrl2

The price is getting up there...pretty steep for day-to-day spending. Certainly doesn't seem out of line though for what it is.

Who are these people who just jumped aboard? Do they sit around and wait till near end to see what happens? I'm not that familiary with eBay. My daughter is the eBay lady in our family. She buys then turns around and sells it for more.

Oh well...terri

Diana

The reserve is obviously more than 500 dollars.

I bet you someone will jump in at the very last minute and the reserve will be met. Possibly 600. Two hours and a bit to go.

lionette

Off Topic - warning!

tmgrl2 said:
Who are these people who just jumped aboard? Do they sit around and wait till near end to see what happens? I'm not that familiary with eBay. My daughter is the eBay lady in our family. She buys then turns around and sells it for more.

That's exactly what's happened in my experiences while shopping for specific antiques/collectibles on Ebay for my mom. I've bid on several things only to be outbid at the very last minute, naturally at the moments when I'm not hovering hawk-like online at Ebay.
And yes, I keep seeing the same items over and over because I'm scoping a particular narrow category of items.

It's a bad, bad business that Ebay ;)

Ok, back to the thread...

tmgrl2

Now I see why my daughter is drawn to eBay. She managed to get a very old movie digitally remastered version for my husband for his birthday. I had seen it for $68.00, then $44 at Amazon.com used. She got it for $29.00 at eBay.I just happened to spot it there.

Going to check once more on that price. Oh darn! I would love to see that deck!

terri

lionette

For what it's worth ...

Maybe the card backs are a clue to the actual age of the deck. I'm not so familiar with the TdM to recognize the red/white pattern, but my guess is that a modern mechanical printing press created it rather than an old timey type of hand press technique.

I'll be interested to see the final bid!

tmgrl2

lionette said:
For what it's worth ...

Maybe the card backs are a clue to the actual age of the deck. I'm not so familiar with the TdM to recognize the red/white pattern, but my guess is that a modern mechanical printing press created it rather than an old timey type of hand press technique.

I'll be interested to see the final bid!

I wonder, lionette...some of our people here with the expertise seem to feel it's the "real" thing only later in date..

The company has an excellent reputation. Money back guarantee, too...

terri

LOL It would make everyone feel better if we knew it wasn't real since several here would like it if it were.

Oh well...