Aeclectic Tarot

lou

I wondered what sign is AT...have you ever made a chart for it?

Minderwiz

Now that's a good idea - I'm not sure when AT was 'born' but presumably Solandia has a time, either for the very first post or the first time that the website went up. If so a chart could be cast for it without a problem.

lou

I've just e-mailed Solandia and asked her about AT birth data.

thank you Minderwiz,
I'll let you know.

Lou.

Minderwiz

Thanks Lou - I was also going to do the same. Let me know when you get a reply and I'll do a chart.

lou

hello Minderwiz and everyone,

I've just got mail from Solandia answering to my request of information about AT birth data.

She says the very first posts were made in May 2000, though she doesn't have an exact date for that, as for the current incarnation of the site it was set up on the 2nd of August, 2001.

so... next step?
what are we going to consider?

Lou.

miss_apples

So that means AT is a Taurus/gemini and a Leo!

Astraea

lou said:
the very first posts were made in May 2000, though she doesn't have an exact date for that, as for the current incarnation of the site it was set up on the 2nd of August, 2001.
Do you know what is meant by "current incarnation"? Were there two consecutive versions or appearances of the forum? I think the answer to that question is important.

If we assume that significant changes to a prior site effectively resulted in a new forum (the Aeclectic familiar to us), I would take the exact time and date of the first post as equivalent to the site's "first breath." The first post might have been made by Solandia, herself, inviting others to join her; in any event, hopefully the time and date were specified as part of the post (as they are today). If there happened to be a record of the time and date when Solandia first clicked the "publish" button for the site, then those (rather than the time and date of the first post) are the data I would use. In either case, Solandia's location as Aeclectic's creator/webmaster would provide the latitude and longitude.

If, on the other hand, today's Aeclectic is simply a more sophisticated version of a prior site, then I believe its birthdate and time remain uncertain. The data for the first post on the present forum might provide the basis of a secondary chart, but would not represent its core.

lou

Astrae, sorry, I don't have answers for your doubts, since I've reported exactly what Solandia herself wrote to me - 'current incarnation' expression included - I haven't got more detailed information unfortunately yet.
hmmm...I might ask her again telling her what you said. thanks for clearing the issue up.

Minderwiz

Checking on the Member's list, Solandia's membership is give as 1st August 2001 - Now I think we have to take her as the first member of Aeclectic so this date must be when this Website was published in a format that was radically different from what went before.

The 2nd of August posts are thus likely to be the first breaths of Aeclectic - all we need now is a time!

Edited to add:

I did a search of Solandia's post and the earliest thread I can find is this one:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424

It clearly seems to show the first public response to Aecectic's new life and I think clearly shows that the old Aeclectic died. The first post is dated 4th August 2001 and by GMT it was at 16:21

Now a little more research is probably called for but I think we might possibly take this as a prime candidate for the entry of Aeclectic into the world.

Astraea

Excellent detective work, Minderwiz! I think that I would take Solandia's initial post as the "first breath" of the forum, since with that post the forum took on independent life, distinct from its conception (initial status as an idea) and gestation (construction as a website). However one interpets the data, it sure is a beautiful baby! :)