Transits for a stable relationship

tarot_quest

Hi :)

I was wondering if some transits in my chart suggest the potential for a serious relationship any time soon? I had a lot of heavy Saturn transits within the last 4 years and a half and I noticed that since then, I have been single!

I am undergoing my Saturn return right now. A professional tarot reader looked at my chart and did a reading for me. The conclusion was that the potential for a stable relationship should manifest soon. May I ask you if you see something in my chart (via transits?) supporting this?

I am born on November 4th, 1987 in Montreal (Canada), at 7:40 AM

Thank you!

Also, I was wondering what is the effect of having Juno square my ascendant?

Minderwiz

Hi :)

I was wondering if some transits in my chart suggest the potential for a serious relationship any time soon? I had a lot of heavy Saturn transits within the last 4 years and a half and I noticed that since then, I have been single!

I am undergoing my Saturn return right now. A professional tarot reader looked at my chart and did a reading for me. The conclusion was that the potential for a stable relationship should manifest soon. May I ask you if you see something in my chart (via transits?) supporting this?

I am born on November 4th, 1987 in Montreal (Canada), at 7:40 AM

Thank you!

Also, I was wondering what is the effect of having Juno square my ascendant?

You have Mercury at 24 Libra and then Mars Venus and Sun in Scorpio, with a Scorpio Ascendant at 22 degrees. All of these planets will have been transited by Saturn since June 2012 including triple transits, Direct, Retrograde and Direct again during the period you mention, As Mars, Venus and Sun lie in your first house (I use Whole Sign Houses) you will have noticed those quite strongly. Saturn has now moved into Sagittarius but has also squared your natal Jupiter in Pisces. That is the last Saturn Transit that you will have till Saturn moves into Capricorn and opposes your natal Moon in March next year (I only use the original 7 visible planets, which are the core of Astrology)

I was a little surprised at our comment on being in your Saturn Return 'right now' as you had your Saturn Return in 2004. It comes around age 29. Your natal Saturn is at 18 Cancer. Currently Saturn is in Sagittarius on it's second revolution of your chart.

The longest good period for relationships this year is going to be the last two months. November and December. This sees Venus active right the way through. There's also shorter periods from the end of May till the end of the first week in July and another shorter one from mid March through to the beginning of April.

If you're interested in Asteroids (I don't use them) there's a good book by Demetra George called 'Asteroid Goddesses' and is well worth a read if you're interested in using them. However, they should always be treated as of secondary importance to the main planets. I believe she's now writing a new book which combines Asteroids with a Traditional Approach - shoud be interesting

tarot_quest

You have Mercury at 24 Libra and then Mars Venus and Sun in Scorpio, with a Scorpio Ascendant at 22 degrees. All of these planets will have been transited by Saturn since June 2012 including triple transits, Direct, Retrograde and Direct again during the period you mention, As Mars, Venus and Sun lie in your first house (I use Whole Sign Houses) you will have noticed those quite strongly. Saturn has now moved into Sagittarius but has also squared your natal Jupiter in Pisces. That is the last Saturn Transit that you will have till Saturn moves into Capricorn and opposes your natal Moon in March next year (I only use the original 7 visible planets, which are the core of Astrology)

I was a little surprised at our comment on being in your Saturn Return 'right now' as you had your Saturn Return in 2004. It comes around age 29. Your natal Saturn is at 18 Cancer. Currently Saturn is in Sagittarius on it's second revolution of your chart.

The longest good period for relationships this year is going to be the last two months. November and December. This sees Venus active right the way through. There's also shorter periods from the end of May till the end of the first week in July and another shorter one from mid March through to the beginning of April.

If you're interested in Asteroids (I don't use them) there's a good book by Demetra George called 'Asteroid Goddesses' and is well worth a read if you're interested in using them. However, they should always be treated as of secondary importance to the main planets. I believe she's now writing a new book which combines Asteroids with a Traditional Approach - shoud be interesting

Hi Minderwiz!

Thank you for taking the time to reply with such an insightful response. However, I was wondering if you entered the right year of birth (i.e. 1987) since I am 29 years old. I don't understand how I have been undergoing my Saturn return in 2004, when I was 24. Also, I thought that my natal Venus was at 0 degree Sagittarius. My natal sun is also in the 12th house.

Please, let me know if there was a mistake or if your system is very different than what I have been learning up to now.

t_q

Minderwiz

No, you're right I didn't. For some reason I entered 1974 and was sure I checked it but obviously not well enough. I'll repeat the comment but with the right year.

Minderwiz

Sorry for the error. I must have been working on another chart at the same time and used the birth year twice, rather than put the right year in for you.

The real chart has many of the features of the wrong one. You were born just after the Sun rose. Again your Sun is at 11 Scorpio and your Ascendant is at 22 Scorpio (using the same time and day/month for the Sun produces similar charts in terms of Sun position and Ascendant) but this time there is a little more spread in the planets. Venus, which rules your Descendant, has only just crossed into Sagittarius. Mars and Mercury are in Libra. So your Saturn transits would have started around September 2011 when Saturn transited natal Mars, and in December of that year it transited natal Mercury, It transited Mercury again, when it turned retrograde in February 2012, the actual transit occured in March of that year. Saturn continued retrograde till June 2012, it didn't cross Mars again, stopping some 5 degrees short. In Direct motion it crossed Mercury again in September 2012, crossed into Scorpio and in February of that year it Stationed in the same degree as your natal Sun.(though a couple of minutes short) It remained in that degree till March 2013 and then moved further backwards towards its Station Direct in July. By October it was back for its third transit of your Sun before heading through Scorpio reaching your Ascendant in January 2014. before turning Retrograde at 23 degrees in March. This led to a repeat of the same thing that happened to your natal Sun, with Saturn crossing your Acendant direct in January 2014, Retrograde in April 2014 and Direct again in October 2014. It then repeated that cycle on your natal Venus in December 2014, June 2015 and having Stationed Direct at 28 Scorpio it recrossed into Sagittarius and transited your natal Venus in September 2015. At that point it was quite slow so that last transit took some time to complete.

The transits of your Mercury, Sun, Ascendant and Venus were all triple transits and the last three had stations very near the degree of your natal planet (on the degree in the case of your Sun).

Now, as if that were not enough, natal Venus rules your Descendant, and hence house of marriage. Venus also rules both your Lot of Fortune and your Lot of Eros. The Lot of Fortune is the most important Lot in your chart,but your Lot of Eros is more directly concerned with relationships. That second transit of Venus in June 2015 coincided with the beginning of a new period in your life, both in terms of relationships and in terms of how you are affected by your environment. That period is a busy one but that doesn't necessarily mean stable. There looks to be two good opportunities this year, the first is in March and lasts for a month but the best seems to be in June because it's a Taurus period and that activates your seventh house and both Lots, plus Venus. That precedes another important shift at the end of June. a significant period which shows that you will be active in relationships for just over two years through to the end of 2019. That doesn't mean every day, or every, week or even every month will be active. it means that the general flavour of that period will be active.

Yes, my approach is very different from the common or garden psycological approach of modern Astrology. It's based on the original form of horoscopic Astrology and now has more in common with the Indian version than it does modern Western Astrology. Indeed Indian Astrology was heavily influenced by it and Western Astrology still uses many of its key features, such as Ascendant based charts, aspects and house meanings.

PS Your Saturn Return occured on 10 December last year. Even though Saturn will again turn Retrograde in April, it will not recross its natal position in Retrograde motion, so you are saved from yet another triple transit.

PPS, although these Saturn transits were 'heavy', In your chart, I'd expect Mars to be more associated with unpleasant experiences. So you might take an interest in Mars transits. At the moment Mars is transiting your sixth house. so watch out especially for accidents.

tarot_quest

Sorry for the error. I must have been working on another chart at the same time and used the birth year twice, rather than put the right year in for you.

Don't worry about that. I strongly appreciate your reply by the way. You looked at every Saturn transits and I have to say that some particular events related to the planet aspected happened during this Saturn transit. I stopped my last relationship in March 2012, when Saturn was very close to enter Scorpio and transited my Mercury.

Now, as if that were not enough, natal Venus rules your Descendant, and hence house of marriage. Venus also rules both your Lot of Fortune and your Lot of Eros. The Lot of Fortune is the most important Lot in your chart,but your Lot of Eros is more directly concerned with relationships.

Now I feel very curious. I could not find information about those lots of fortune. Can you tell me what is the effect of having those lots ruled by Venus please (perhaps in term of partnership and for my love life, generally speaking)? I know that the asteroid Eros exactly conjuncts my ascendant, but I am not sure if the lot of Eros is the same thing or not.

That second transit of Venus in June 2015 coincided with the beginning of a new period in your life, both in terms of relationships and in terms of how you are affected by your environment. That period is a busy one but that doesn't necessarily mean stable.

Wow! Very true! I dated a lot of men during June 2015. Importantly, I met an interesting man on June 27, 2015 (at 2 pm, Montreal). The connection was very strong but he was not ready to commit. I still think of him. So you are right that nothing was stable at that precise time.

There look to be two good opportunities this year, the first is in March and lasts for a month but the best seems to be in June because it's a Taurus period and that activates your seventh house and both Lots, plus Venus. That precedes another important shift at the end of June. a significant period which shows that you will be active in relationships for just over two years through to the end of 2019. That doesn't mean every day, or every, week or even every month will be active. it means that the general flavour of that period will be active.

It's nice that some favorable transits will be present. I will try to remember to update you when something significant will happen!

Thank you Minderwiz :)

Minderwiz

Now I feel very curious. I could not find information about those lots of fortune. Can you tell me what is the effect of having those lots ruled by Venus please (perhaps in term of partnership and for my love life, generally speaking)? I know that the asteroid Eros exactly conjuncts my ascendant, but I am not sure if the lot of Eros is the same thing or not.

The Lot of Fortune is incorrectly more commonly known as the Part of Fortune and described as 'Arabian'. In fact it's of Hellenistic origin being around 2,000 years old. The Hellenistic Astrologers, also called in the Lot of the Moon, as it's calculation by day is to take the distance from the Sun to the Moon and then project it from the Ascendant. in the same direction. For night births the Sun and the Moon are reversed. Because of it's lunar nature it is relevant to things governed by the Moon, the most important thing being your body. It indicates how vulnerable you are to things operating in the environment. So it has relevance for your health, for your general wellbeing, including financial security (which is often dependent on your ability to earn money. an ability which is diminished if you're chronically ill or disabled). Genrally it shows how easy it is for outside forces to blow you off your intended path through life. You can attribute this to luck or fate, both of which are encompassed by the Lot of Fortune.

It is the primary Lot in Hellenistic and Medieval Astrology, you will find Modern Astrologers who use it but don't really understand it very well. Ideally, it and its ruler (in your case Venus) should be configured to the Ascendant by one of the seven major aspects. In your case that's an opposition. That configuration suggests that you are more able to anticipate adverse or positive circumstances which might come about in the near future. (I tend to ling it the process of scanning for opportunities and threats, that businesses are supposed to do in their corporate planning, though obviously on a personal level.)

Being able to identify opportunities and threats isn't that much use, if you can't plan and take action to deal with them. There's a mirror Lot called the Lot of Spirit (in Gemini in your case and therefore ruled by Mercury (transited by the Saturn some years ago). The Lot of Spirit and its ruler are concerned with how you can make an impact on your environment, and therefore tends to be related to your ability to act and the main form of this is your occupation or profession. The main (but not the only) way we influence the world around us is through work. In business jargon, Spirit is concerned with ensuring you can take appropriate action, enhancing your strengths and reducing your weaknesses - being ready to take advantages of opportunities or ward off threats.

I've put that in modern language but there's also a ritualistic side to the Lots, and a religious side. The Lot of Spirit was called the Lot of the Daimon by the Hellenistic Astrologers (from which we get our word Demon.) but the Daimon could be good or bad - more Angels and Demons. and many Astrologers of the time believed that we could connect with our Spirit Guide/Guardian Angel, through the Astrological chart. The Lot of Spirit shows your ability to direct your mind to a goal.

Working together, Fortune and Spirit enable us to navigate the sea of life and get safely to our goal.

These two Lots were followed by others, of which the Lot of Eros is one. In planetary terms this is the Lot of Venus and it's concerned with Relationships and how we make them, react in them and deal with them. In your case, this too is ruled by Venus (not always the case by any means) Lying in the same Sign as Fortune it is associated with those things beyond your control. But you can use Spirit (which is involved in its calculation, along with the position of Venus and the Ascendant) to try and prepare for what comes. Learn from experience and be ready for the next time. Be able to adapt to circumstances and people. Relationships are not just things that befall you. You have to work at them - that's the underlying principle, and to take advantage when you see an opportunity - it's conscious action.

tarot_quest said:
Wow! Very true! I dated a lot of men during June 2015. Importantly, I met an interesting man on June 27, 2015 (at 2 pm, Montreal). The connection was very strong but he was not ready to commit. I still think of him. So you are right that nothing was stable at that precise time.

That was just two hours after the New Moon (incidentally as these occur in your first house, are you sensitive to them?)

There's an imminent conjunction of Venus and Jupiter (both transiting) Jupiter rules your fifth house which includes romantic short term liaisons and Venus of course rules your seventh. That conjunction was effected on July 1.

tarot_quest

Hi Minderwinz :)

Thank you for this extensive description, I am learning new things for sure!

It is the primary Lot in Hellenistic and Medieval Astrology, you will find Modern Astrologers who use it but don't really understand it very well. Ideally, it and its ruler (in your case Venus) should be configured to the Ascendant by one of the seven major aspects. In your case that's an opposition. That configuration suggests that you are more able to anticipate adverse or positive circumstances which might come about in the near future. (I tend to ling it the process of scanning for opportunities and threats, that businesses are supposed to do in their corporate planning, though obviously on a personal level.)

Yes, I think so. From my understanding, what you wrote could refer to my intuition. I think that mine is well developed (being a tarot reader as a hobby). I can sens people and situations right from the start, and my first impressions are usually correct. I don't know how it particularly relates to Taurus here, but I fit this description.

There's a mirror Lot called the Lot of Spirit (in Gemini in your case and therefore ruled by Mercury (transited by the Saturn some years ago). The Lot of Spirit and its ruler are concerned with how you can make an impact on your environment, and therefore tends to be related to your ability to act and the main form of this is your occupation or profession. The main (but not the only) way we influence the world around us is through work. In business jargon, Spirit is concerned with ensuring you can take appropriate action, enhancing your strengths and reducing your weaknesses - being ready to take advantages of opportunities or ward off threats.

I think that the Gemini lot of spirit makes sens here. I am very intellectual (I did a PhD and started when Saturn transited my mercury!). I also have the talkative side of Gemini, in the sens that despite being a bit reserved (Saturn in the 1st house, sun in the 12th), I am very good at communicating ideas and giving presentations. I also want to do it as a job (i.e. talking to doctors about scientific concepts, giving presentations, meeting clients). So I have learned something new here :)

These two Lots were followed by others, of which the Lot of Eros is one. In planetary terms this is the Lot of Venus and it's concerned with Relationships and how we make them, react in them and deal with them. In your case, this too is ruled by Venus (not always the case by any means) Lying in the same Sign as Fortune it is associated with those things beyond your control. But you can use Spirit (which is involved in its calculation, along with the position of Venus and the Ascendant) to try and prepare for what comes. Learn from experience and be ready for the next time. Be able to adapt to circumstances and people. Relationships are not just things that befall you. You have to work at them - that's the underlying principle, and to take advantage when you see an opportunity - it's conscious action.

This concept is more difficult to grasp. So I will take your advice and keep in mind that I will have to work hard, first to find a relationship and second, to put effort when I will start one. Hopefully I am not too lazy (with all my Saturn aspects, I don't think so ;)).

That was just two hours after the New Moon (incidentally as these occur in your first house, are you sensitive to them?)

I met this man (June 27, 2015) when the Moon was between the first quarter and the full Moon (so Gibbous Moon). Here is the Moon calendar for Montréal during June 2015

https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/canada/montreal?year=2015

May I ask another question please? Can astrology provide me a clue to know if it is definitively over with this man (or if there is still a potential for something eventually?

His DOB is May 30, 1990. I don't know his time of birth and he was born in Edmonton (Canada). You can also let me know which technique is the best, and I will try by myself. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

t_q

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwinz :)

I met this man (June 27, 2015) when the Moon was between the first quarter and the full Moon (so Gibbous Moon). Here is the Moon calendar for Montréal during June 2015

https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/canada/montreal?year=2015

I wasn't explicit enough in my comment and didn't say what I intended to say.

The period in which you met him started two hours after your own personal New Moon (when the transiting Moon conjoins your natal Sun). It's not something I make a lot of use of, but in this case it seemed relevant in that your natal Sun lies in your first house. So it indicates a new start for you.

tarot_quest said:
May I ask another question please? Can astrology provide me a clue to know if it is definitively over with this man (or if there is still a potential for something eventually? His DOB is May 30, 1990. I don't know his time of birth and he was born in Edmonton (Canada). You can also let me know which technique is the best, and I will try by myself. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

t_q

There are several ways of doing that. Most would involve lengthy analysis of derived charts or major periods in your lives, looking for points where there is evidence of convergence. Without a birth time for him that becomes quite difficult. It's possible to look at a one way compatibility (him to you) by examining where his planets fall in your chart but the reverse isn't possible because any chart for him becomes speculative.

I think your best chance of an answer is via horirary Astrology (the drawing up of a chart for the moment the Astrologer understands your question). I find it a very useful method.

You can post such a question if you wish. I'm entering a difficult period with my wife's medical treatment but I might get the time to answer it. However CosmicBeing and Sharla are learning the method and I'm sure one of them would be glad to try out their skills.

tarot_quest

I'm entering a difficult period with my wife's medical treatment but I might get the time to answer it. However CosmicBeing and Sharla are learning the method and I'm sure one of them would be glad to try out their skills.

I do hope that everything will go well for your wife :)

Thank you SO MUCH for all these explanations Minderwiz! I am still puzzled by the whole house system that you used (since I feel SO much like having a sun in the 12th house because I relate to this placement since I like solitude, privacy, I am dreamy, like to help people and I am not very much confident in myself. Also, Venus conjunct my Ascendant in the first (but the second house with your system), and I have been told all my life that I look nice, that I am charming and I know that I like to help people (I do some voluntary since years)).

After posting my Horary chart an hour ago, I started reading about it for the firs time of my life over the Internet! Very interesting stuff. Feel free to look at my chart (other post) when you will have time.