Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

celticnoodle

FaeryGodmother said:
Typical of my strange child- she likes the lemon and ginger tea better then the jello tea. :rolleyes: At least its working.
:laugh: oh well--guess it's a 'developed' taste! we even make jello teas for whenever we want to sit around and sip it. jello is rarely made into jello deserts--usually just tea. :D

hope your daughter is soon feeling much better!

Alta

This is such a great thread!!! I am going to Sticky it, and I hope that doesn't mean it gets 'lost' at the top of the Forum.

Best,
Alta

cheekyminx

Fish oil x 3 @ breakfast and dinner
Multivitamins with minerals x 2 @ dinner
Flax-seed x3 @ breakfast and dinner

Haven't been sick in a long time :D Works wonders for me.

Tea tree oil is great for abrasions, cuts etc

Milfoil

celticnoodle said:
wow! this is very interesting. I'm going to see if I can find a yarrow plant or some seeds and plant it myself and keep on hand.

They don't do well from seed, much better to either take a cutting or (best way) to find a plant in spring when it is just starting to make vigorous growth and take a portion of it with root.

They don't like rich soil, in fact where Yarrow grows, which is mostly on margins and edges like roadsides, yards, old industrial areas etc it is usually quite dry and poor soil.

celticnoodle

Milfoil said:
They don't do well from seed, much better to either take a cutting or (best way) to find a plant in spring when it is just starting to make vigorous growth and take a portion of it with root.

They don't like rich soil, in fact where Yarrow grows, which is mostly on margins and edges like roadsides, yards, old industrial areas etc it is usually quite dry and poor soil.
oh-thanks, milfoil. guess i'll have to wait for next spring then. as for the dry and poor soil--that is probably perfect for me! i'm known as 'THE PLANT KILLER' in our home. It's been quite sometime since I've actually killed a plant though--and it truly isn't all my fault--we travel extensively, and that doesn't help, but the title sticks to this day. :(

Indil

Goodness, I'm a home-remedy queen! Of course, when you don't have health insurance... you kinda have to be!

1. Apple Cider Vinegar. Cures everything. Takes pain away from sunburns. A couple of tablespoons will cure heartburn and indigestion. Taken on a daily basis you can naturally lose weight. Drink hot with water and honey, clears the sinuses completely. I could go on and on and on...

2. Hydrogen Peroxide. Another cure all. Cleans out ear wax, great teeth whitener and breath freshener (someone already said this). Gets rid of cold sores. AMAZING skin treatment... swab some on your face, five minutes later, look in the mirror and whamo! 5 years younger. Great for exfoliation, too -- I like to use it when hair is starting to grow back in after waxing as it helps prevent ingrown hairs. I could go on with this one, too...

3. Epsom Salts. Taking a bath with it helps with menstrual cramps. Of course, aids in constipation.

4. Coconut Oil. Yet ANOTHER cure all. This is naturally anti-fungal... when most people have infections and go to the doctor for antibiotics that don't work, it's cause you have a fungus infection and NOT a bacterial infection. I had a horrible sinus infection in January with severely swollen nodes on the back of my neck. A couple of hundred dollars later and ineffectual antibiotics, I looked online for a natural cure. A couple of tablespoons cleared up my sinuses in a snap, and my lymph nodes went back to normal size within 24 hours. Plus, with all the stupid after effects of taking the antibiotics, I got a slight yeast infection... slabbed some coconut oil on, instant relief. Great on athletes foot, good for oil pulling (for those that are into that)...

5. Black-strap molasses. Clears your system out like nobody's business. Taken internally, your skin softens up and just glows, makes your hair shiny, your nails strong...

Everyone *must* check out www.earthclinic.com. I've turned so many people onto to the apple cider vinegar alone, and have single-handedly "cured" a lot of people from a number of ailments!

ravenest

'Trial' run.

celticnoodle said:
wow! this is very interesting. I'm going to see if I can find a yarrow plant or some seeds and plant it myself and keep on hand.
Then get prepared for a nice big cut after you get it ... :shrug: ... these things happen (well, to me anyway).

Sophie

Coconut oil is also great for psoriasis and eczema. I didn't know about it being good for thrush and sinusitis, good tip :) - for the latter, do you swallow it or stick it up your nose?

Indil

Fudugazi said:
Coconut oil is also great for psoriasis and eczema. I didn't know about it being good for thrush and sinusitis, good tip :) - for the latter, do you swallow it or stick it up your nose?

Well, sticking it up your nose wouldn't hurt, I guess! It's awfully greasy stuff, though. ;-)

I ingest it thought... I'm not too big of a fan of coconut, unfortunately. My favorite way is mixed with a sweet tea or hot cocoa -- the latter is quite tasty. Granted, it's still an oil and floats at the top, so sip carefully to get a good mix.

I know that a lot of people enjoy it mixed in with their smoothies... interesting thing about coconut oil is that it's melting point is only 75 degrees. My jar is currently liquefied right now when it normally looks like shortening. So, if you mix it with something cold, you have to mix it very well.

Feretian

Aloe vera. Can't be said too many times. Burns, abrasions, sunburn relief. And ONLY straight from the plant...lotions have so little you might as well use water.

Slippery elm...for sore throat. stomach problems. Okra works as well.